Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference. Learn more about this message
Getting There
Priss

Remote Record Problems - Sky aren't sorting it out

I have tried to activate Remote Record numerous times but all I ever get is an error message saying that I apparently don't have a Sky+ box (I do). I've spoken to Sky about this twice now and both times I've been told the error was fixed and of course it wasn't. Any ideas what I have to do to actually get them to sort this out?!

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Getting There
Addict1

Re: Remote Record Problems - Sky aren't sorting it out

Priss wrote:

I have tried to activate Remote Record numerous times but all I ever get is an error message saying that I apparently don't have a Sky+ box (I do). I've spoken to Sky about this twice now and both times I've been told the error was fixed and of course it wasn't. Any ideas what I have to do to actually get them to sort this out?!

I am having the same problem/error "

Sorry, we have not found a Sky+ or Sky+HD box linked to this account. 

To use Remote Record you will need a Sky+ or Sky+HD box."

Anyone got any ideas? :-)

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Getting There
mlindau

Same here, it's been over a week since I reported it and 3 weeks since I had Sky installed and not had it working... Even tried complaining to no avail...

Retired Staff Member
Samantha-K

Hi Everyone,

This is abit of a long short, but worth a try can you try verifying your Sky iD to your home address by clicking on this Link.

I hope this helps and let me know how you get on.

Thanks 

Getting There
Priss

Hi

No, I'm afraid that didn't help at all, the issue's still there

Getting There
Will+P

I also tried your link, I got to the Sky+ page with an activate now button, but when I press it, I get the same information about not being linked to a Sky+ or Sky+HD box. My account is link to the logon, and I can view bills etc. which is progress since yesterday, but still no link to the box.

Is there a page where you can re-enter your viewing card number to link the MySky account with the viewing card? Thanks.

Getting There
Yobibit

Yup, same problem here. Three phone calls to Sky have resulted in "escalation" of what is apparently a known issue common to new customers. Hope they get it sorted soon: it's annoying not to have the full service working as it should even if it is just remote record that doesn't work.

Staff
Anne-M

Hi All, 

If you are having the issue and the SkyID has been verified, please get in touch with us so this can be escalated for you. 

Thanks, 

Anne
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Getting There
Priss

I've already been in touch with Sky about this issue twice now and twice I was lied to & told it was sorted, why would speaking to someone a third time be any different? 

Seriously poor CS, I'm really regretting even taking Sky in the first place, it's more hassle than its worth :smileysad:

Staff
lainys

Evening Priss,

I have just read your post and I am sorry you feel  you have been lied to by our agents. I'm sure the agent did not mean to give you false information.

Sometimes our systems take a little longer than usual to update the information which the agents program into it.

Please use the contact us link and explain this is the third time you have had to contact Sky over the same issue.

I'm more than sure than the agent you contact will do his/her best to resolve your issue to your satisfaction as soon as it is possible.

Kind Regards

Getting There
Yobibit

[ Edited ]

Sorry lainys, I don't mean to be impolite, but really there seems no point in contacting Sky again. I've been told (on my most recent of three attampts to get this resolved, 06-01-2012) that they do not know how to fix the problem and they will be in touch when they do. So it seems wrong to recommend that people contact Sky again to go through the same rigmarole of explaining the problem, being instructed to try various things that don't work and ending up frustrated once more.