Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Regular Visitor
pamelam

Recording won't play in Planner

I have pressed play to watch a recording in the Planner.  The information shows that it has recorded (78 mins, used 3%), and the display shows that it is playing. However, all I am getting is a blue screen.  Coming out of it, the programme still shows 'Recorded' and not 'Viewed'.  Can anyone advise?  I have tried rebuild, but the same thing is happening.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
caesarome

Re: Recording won't play in Planner

Have you tried rebooting your box, unplugg it for 5 minutes then plug it back in and wait another 4 minutes before trying to view it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

Hi pamelam, sometimes adding a couple of minutes on to the start time will help. What channel was it recorded on?

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Regular Visitor
DJGH

I've had the exact same issue occur with approx 6 recordings on my Sky+HD box. They all appear to have been recorded within a couple of weeks of the box becoming unresponsive. After I rebooted the box, all new recordings ok, but various existing recordings refuse to play (tried starting minutes into recording and fast-forwarding with no luck).

Performed planner rebuild, but no effect on recordings (although must say I noticed a distinct performance improvement, so not a total waste of time).

Is there any other actions that could be performed to "repair" these recordings without a system reset (as don't want to wipe hdd and lose all recordings)!
Retired Staff Member
GarryC

Hi DJGH,

Unfortunately, if you have tried a planner rebuild and the recordings are still unavailable then you will be unable to retrieve these :smileysad:

What issues is it you are having with your box however, and we can try offer assistance to avoid this happening again in the future?

Thanks,

Regular Visitor
DJGH

Thanks for the reply Garry.

The box has always intermittently suffered from the following 2 issues:
1) becomes unresponsive if not rebooted every couple of months (and corrupts new recordings if left longer between reboots).
2) Recordings suffer from "drop-outs"/display corruption for brief periods if fast-forwarding a previous recording i'm watching (by more than x6 speed) while a new recording is in progress.

The latter issue is particularly annoying, but given that I've had the box for ~3 years, not sure what assistance I could be offered.
Retired Staff Member
GarryC

Hi DJGH,

Have you let us know in the past about these issues your box have had?

Would it be possible for you to send us the model and version number of your box please so we can check to see if it is on the latest software?

To get these details, if you could press Services, 4, then 5 and the details we require are:

• Manufacturer
  • Model Number
  • Version Number

Thanks,

Occasional Visitor
charlotte+oa

all i had to do was turn the power leading to the sky box off. Waited a while and it the recordings worked instantly 

Occasional Visitor
shrek01

Hi, I am having the very same problem with certain recordings not playing yet showing as recorded, getting the blue screen when i try. i have tried the rebooting after 5mins without power but still the very same, this is really becoming very frustrating considering i am paying a serious amount of money for the service as i have the full package with HD. this is not really acceptable, is there an easy fix or will i need to request a new box, i don't really want to do this as i have some stuff recorded that i want kept and new box will lose all previous recordings.  please help this very frustrated customer!!!

Super User
caesarome

Try a planner rebuild:

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-HD-Recording-Playback/Sky-HD-System-Fault/ta-p/583396

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Occasional Visitor
the+kempster

Unsure of the etiquette so hope i haven't just jumped in on someone elses post.

I've just replaced my broken Sky+ box with a similar Thomson DSI 6210, registered the change on sky.com, done a Planner Rebuild and Full System Reset.

The box will record programmes in full but will only play for 2 seconds at any Viewer Defined time, it then states "no satellite signal is being received". Obviously this is untrue as subsequent video is recorded and can be viewed (for 2 seconds).

Is anyone aware of this problem and if so any solution.

Occasional Visitor
123elly123

Thanks. The rebooting has worked a treat....Everything is still recorded and available for watching:smileyhappy: