Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
geoffg
Accepted Solution

Recording Series

When I set my Sky HD box to record a series, it only records once, not the series. This has only started happening recently. Any ideas??

Geoff

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Contributor
alfa

Re: Recording Series

Could be because your TV Guide does not have listings 7 days ahead.

This can happen if your box has been unplugged and can take a while to "catch up".

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
geoffg

It's to record Deal or No Deal, and that's daily. I set it to record series, then press +24hrs, and it hasn't set to record tomorrow's game.

Geoff

Community Coordinator
Robert-B

Hi geoffg,

The next episode in the series normally appears once the most recent episode has started recording.

So for example episode 5 of the series starts to record, Episode 6 will then appear in the planner as a future recording,  Episode 7 will not appear until Episode 6 has started to record and so on.

If however you never see the next Episode appear at all and it fails to record I would recommend deleting the planned recording from the planner, perform a planner rebuild then set the programme to record on series link again.

Let us know if this works for you?

Robert-B
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Occasional Visitor
damien851

:smileyindifferent: Hi all, I have a similar problem, but not always! Everything we have a series link to records fine except the coverage of the Moto GP classes on Eurosport. It will record all the 125's from a series link, which are generally on first, but not the Moto 2 or Moto GP. Both of which follow. When I hit the record, the box asks if I want to record series which I hit and it accepts but doesn't do it. Over the last two years I have tried every permeatation I can think of but it still just records the 125's. Is there a way around this. Any help would be really appreciated. Cheers.

Senior Member (Platinum)
Kenneth+M

Eurosport are notoriously unreliable for series-linking, and scheduled timekeeping.  Broadcasters are themselves responsible for direct input into the Sky EPG in real time.  Eurosport are not top dog in this respect.

Occasional Visitor
fabbean

I have the same issue as others here, Series Link used to work and now doesn't.

It used to be reliable and I do not ever recall having a problem. Now you may as well forget about it, very annoying. It seems to be random, for example the Sopranos on Sky Atlantic does not record.

I am rebuilding my Planner but it seems to have crashed, I got the 'Housekeeping' message for about 5 seconds and now teh screen is just blank.

Guess its a Power Reset

Community Coordinator
Robert

Hi fabbean, 

As Kenneth-M has noted above it is the responsibility of the broadcaster to add Series Link information to the TV Guide, I'm sorry to hear that the box has crashed during a Planner Rebuild.

After doing a Planner Rebuild or resetting the box at the mains, it will take up to 4 hours for series link information to be restored.

Robert
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Occasional Visitor
fabbean

Thanks Robert - The series is on Sky Atlantic, so would have hoped that would have worked.

Occasional Visitor
fabbean

Errrr and to compound the problem (or the solution)

Everything seems to have now returned, the actual TV Guide Listings are probably working 300% faster than pre-Planner Build and it seems to already allow me to do Series Link.... so fingers crossed the problem may have gone away.

Do I have to do this often or is it a one off...

Thanks for the Advice and the Assistance

Occasional Visitor
joyallen

Just tried the solution - and it worked perfectly.  I had no series link on my planner.  It took 5 minutes.  Easy peasy!  Thank you.

Contributor
JohnofYork

Re: Recording Series - specifically In Treatment

so, pick out In Treatment on Atlantic HD

press the R for record button

choose Series

and - it completlely ignores the 2nd episode;

1st one shows the Series link though.

haven't seen it do this with anything else (yet)

john

Contributor
JohnofYork

had online chat with Skyperson.

suggested Planner Rebuild.

absolutely no difference. still doesn't include 2nd In Treatment in series link. even though it follows immediately from the first one.

:smileysad:

Super User
Annie+UK

JohnofYork wrote:

so, pick out In Treatment on Atlantic HD

press the R for record button

choose Series

and - it completlely ignores the 2nd episode;

1st one shows the Series link though.

haven't seen it do this with anything else (yet)

I had this happen with the new episodes of South Park last night on Comedy Central HD :smileymad:

The first episode recorded and the one directly after did not even though series link had been chosen.

Annie..........

📡Sky customer since 1989📡 βeta tester for: Xbox One, Windows Phone, Sky+HD, Mailwasher Pro etc...
Contributor
JohnofYork

so it taped In Treatment last night - both episodes, but both needed to be selected.

next week's 2 episodes on Atlantic HD have appeared in the Guide.

first one is flagged to record; second one isn't.

series link is definitely in place.

:smileyindifferent: