Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
grugru
Accepted Solution

Re - Why won't "Connect to 192.168.0.1" accept my password?

Ok chaz1985 if you're still there, clearly I'm no computer whizzkid. The router password I'm trying to change is on the side of the router. The word I'm trying to change it to is the same length. I'm still getting "Error Message: sysPasswd is different from sysPasswd, try it again." So I'm not getting far enough to hit apply. I have a desktop, not a laptop. I don't see what else I can do other than put the password on the side of the router in. The reason why I'm doing this is because recently, when I've tried to access YouTube for example, I've been getting 192.168.0.1 instead. Why is this coming up? Is it a hint that I should change my router password? Is there a problem with my internet access? Do I have a security problem?

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Retired Staff Member
chaz1985

Re: Re - Why won't "Connect to 192.168.0.1" accept my password?

Hi,

Is it when you try to log in and it's asking for a username and password? If this is coming up every time you try to access a website then it could be that your connection is down. Can you check the internet (@) light on your router and let me know if it's on and what colour it is?

Thanks

chaz1985
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
grugru

The @ on my router is lit up and it's green. I'm asked to give the old router password, then to provide a new one twice. This is when I'm told "sysOldPasswd is different . . . "

Retired Staff Member
chaz1985

That doesn't sound right at all. When you go to 192.168.0.1 does it just come up with a box asking for username and password? At this point the username is admin and the password is sky. When in the setup section of your router status it should just be a case of removing the old password from the white box and putting in a new one then clicking apply.

Regards

chaz1985
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
grugru

When I'm on 192.168.0.1, I click "Change router password", I put in the password on my router + my new alternative twice, but then I get "sysOldPasswd is different . . ."

Retired Staff Member
chaz1985

Before you change password, switch the encryption type to WEP and generate a password from the box that appears. Select the first password (it'll generate four) and click apply. Once this is done, change the encryption type back to WPA-PSK and type in your new password.

Regards

chaz1985
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
grugru

. . . but yes, the box comes up, I put in admin and sky, there is no old password in the white box, it's blank . . .

Retired Staff Member
chaz1985

Ok, I know where you are now. Don't try to change password through that box. Use admin and sky and sign in, this will take you into the router status page which has the Sky logo etc. The setup section is in the black bar at the top of the page, you change your password in there.

Regards

chaz1985
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
grugru

Jeez I'm slow but I got there in the end! Cheers . .

Retired Staff Member
chaz1985

No problem! Just glad you got it sorted.

Cheers

chaz1985
Community Coordinator