Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
Heathens

Re: No Dialling tone on our landline

I have no dial tone either in Staffordshire. No call back as promised. Sort it out Sky, otherwise there are plenty of competitors who want my business.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
Robert

Hi Heathens, 

Welcome to the Sky Help Forum, I'm sorry to see you are having issues. There are no known issue currently affecting the Staffordshire area.

Can you try the following Troubleshooting steps on our Help Centre and tell us if this helps? If you still have problems after following these steps, please use the options on the Contact Us page to report this to our Customer Help team for investigation.

Thanks.

Robert
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
Calebfinley

I live in Cambridgeshire and I also have no dial tone. When will it be fixed? I have done all the necessary checks and it still doesn't work

Community Coordinator
Kris+McD

Hi Calebfinley

Sorry to see that your first post is not on better circumstances and that you are having trouble with your phone service,is it possible for you to try all the troubleshooting steps from the Sky Help Centre? You can see these by clicking here.

Once you try all the troubleshooting and if you are still having this issue, you would need to contact us for further assistance. 

Let us know how you get on 

Cheers 

Kris+McD
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
Calebfinley

I did this like i said in my previous email

Regards

Lucy

MrsBee

Dear Robert, 

I can confirm that on a thread I posted myself, a Sky advisor actually did actually say that there was an issue with 4 exchanges in the South Wales area. Another 2 of my friends who live local to me, are having the same problem, and therefore I do not believe these are isolated incidents!

Yesterday when calling my home number you got a message saying that there was a fault on the line, however now, you hear ringing, but its not ringing in the house?! and I cannot call out....

Smile is fading fast Sky..something needs to be sorted out! :smileysad:

Sharon

Retired Staff Member
GregorA

Hi MrsBee,

We are not aware of any other issues at the moment, however as you are still having problems with your phoneline I would suggest that you complete some troubleshooting steps. If you click here it will explain fully how to carry out the steps.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks.

Occasional Visitor
judew

HI Thanks for your info, latest news is that I can have incoming calls now but still unable to get dialling tone to make calls. Also, no reply to me from Sky advisor- not good customer service. Think I am at end of 12 month contract so shall be looking elsewhere for a provider!

Occasional Visitor
judew

Hi Robert, you now have 3 frustrated cases in S wales, I can now have incoming calls but stillunable to make outgoing calls, which are far more improtant to me. Also, I have had no reply from Sky advisor to my previously posted post! On Friday last week I was recommended by sky customer services to get a local telephone engineer to look at my phone system, because it would be less expensive. Glad that I did not go down this route because it seems that the fault is with yourself but no acknowledgement of this

Retired Staff Member
GregorA

Hi judew,

Thanks for getting back to us. I would suggest that you try the Sky Talk troubleshooting steps for 'No Dial Tone' by clicking here. Hopefully this can resolve your issues as we don't want to see you leaving us because of this.

Regards.

Occasional Visitor
Sarah1999

Hi, is there are any problem in the Rochdale, Greater Manchester area?  I unplugged my phone this morning to move it and now there is no dial tone.  I can ring my house phone from a mobile but the phone doesn't ring and I can't make outgoing calls on it.

Broadband and sky TV working as normal.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sarah

Retired Staff Member
StacieB

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for your first post to the forum and a big welcome :smileyvery-happy:

I have checked the Rochdale area for you and we aren't aware of any issues.

Could you try the following troubleshooting and let me know how you get on?

Thanks.

Occasional Visitor
Sanken

I have had no dial tone and problems with incoming calls since Monday evening, only got installed last friday, tried everything they have said on here even the test socket, waiting for a reply to my e-mail, Liverpool area

Gilly+Harris wrote:

Hi All

I am in Westcliff on Sea in Essex and we have no dialling tone and  no one can call either post code SS0 !

Gilly

Community Coordinator
Robert

Hi Sanken, 

Welcome to the Sky Help Forum, I understand your frustration and concern at this issue, if you have completed all troubleshooting steps to no avail, the next step is to escalate this through our Customer Help Team for investigation.

E-Mail queries can take 5-7 days to be picked up due to the volume of queries we receive, if you have a mobile the best way to get this picked up is give our help team a quick call and request a call back straight away when you get through, this will save on the cost of the call.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Robert
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
Poinsetta

I've just found out that we've had no phone line for over a fortnight.

No dial tone

No outgoing calls

No incoming calls

Nothing

I've checked the phone connection and all the troubleshooting etc. and no dice, it's just not working.

Postcode is EX4 area

Please have a look at this - I can't even get through to the contact numbers as we live in a poor mobile reception area and it's too windy outside even for that (this dongle is also intermittent)

Thanks