Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
Thundersmurf

RF OUT

HI,

I have a CRT TV with the old sky box attached, in another room I have a HD TV that I send the sky signal to using the RF OUT.

If I get a SKYHD box attached to the HD tv will I be able to connect the CRT TV via a RF out on the new SKYHD box?

Thanks,

Rich

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
Mark39

Re: RF OUT

If you mean a Sky+HD box (one that you can record on) then yes, the current models all have two RF outputs which you can use as you are now.

SkyHD boxes (just a receiver, but no disk and therefore no ability to record) don't have an RF output. I suspect the next generation Sky+HD box will also have no RF output, but that's just conjecture!

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
D2moo

You can connect the new Sky+ HD 2TB box to a second tv via the 9v Rf output just as you did the old sky+ box and operate it from the other room via a tv link just as you did before.

Just go into RF settings (services 001 select) change th RF channel output number to anything below 60 (30 is good) then retune your second tv and hey presto all back to normal,you may also have to change the RF picture setting format so the picture fits the second tv`s screen okay but thats easy as you will find that in picture settings.

This is 100% correct info as I have just sorted in on my new install so ignore every other suggestion and just follow these intsructions,enjoy,Mo

Regular Visitor
teakbank

Why are you saying change th RF channel output number to anything below 60 (30 is good).
My Sky+HD 2TB box is set at ch68.
What's wrong with ch68??
Fiddles

I just unboxed my new 2tb sky+hd box and it not longer has RF OUT!
Cant therefore connect it to my second CRT tv. Any ideas?
It has SCART, can I send that 15 meters ?
Only bonus is it has built in WiFi, shame the router goes potty every 24 hours.
Super User
caesarome

y will be selling these devices from tomorrow that plugs into the back of your new box, from this you can then plug your connection in to:

iolink.jpg

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Community Coordinator
Jason-H

Hi Guys.

I have a little update on the iO-Link.

This was scheduled for release as of today but due to unforeseen circumstances, has been pushed back to late next week. As soon as we get a confirmed date, we will be sure to let you know.

Cheers,

Jason-H
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
FarmerTweedy

So far, the IO Links have been scheduled to be on sale in mid-August, then the last week in August, then the beginning of September, then the 5th of September, and now late next week.

There's probably about as much chance of them being on sale next week as there is of England winning the 2022 World Cup!

Super User
speedyrite

I see that the IO Link now available to order from http://accessories.sky.com (bottom row, third column from the left)

"All opinions are my own, other advice may be available and may differ from mine.
I do not work for Sky, I'm just a customer like you!
If my advice has helped you, say thanks by clicking on thumbs up"