Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference. Learn more about this message
I'm New Here
MG123

Program synopsis not available!!!

When looking through the TV guide and choosing a program which I might like to watch there is no program synopsis available, this has only started at the weekend but most annoying, due to the fact that I can't plan my viewing!!!!! Please help. Thanks

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Super User
Stantheman2k12

Re: Program synopsis not available!!!

Try aplanner rebuild, this solves many faults.

http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/tv/sky-plus-hd/recording/guide-to-performing-a-planner-rebuild/index.h...

Also can you check on your services

Press services then 04 select. what are your signal levels like ?

If I Or Anyone Has Helped Please Kudos. If Your Problem Is Solved Please Click On Accept As Solution.
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Super User
kato

See if rebooting the box helps.First turn your box off at the mains for 5 minutes,turn back on and wait another 4 minutes then retry.

If that hasn't helped try a planner rebuild.

http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/tv/sky-plus-hd/recording/guide-to-performing-a-planner-rebuild/

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have been helped by someone please click on the thumbs up icon to give them Likes.
Staff
Anne-M

Hi MG123,

First of all I would like to welcome you to the community :smileyhappy:

I was just looking to see if the advice that the forum has given you has managed to resolve this issue. Can you let me know how you got on?

Thanks,  

Anne
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
I'm New Here
aardsoft

Having had this problem for a few weeks it was getting irritating. I followed the instructions on rebuilding and rebooting and it did not clear the problem. So I telephone Sky Help Desk. They were very helpful and talked me through checking the software version and then doing a software update. The update took over 10 minutes and the help desk phoned me back to check whether it had cleared the issue. It hadn't. I was then told it would need an engineer with a call out charge of €100 because my Sky + HD box was out of warranty. I declined this offer. Durig the navigation of the install and setup menus I noticed an option 'Single Feed Mode'. Mine was set to off as originally the box had been connected to two feeds. I changed this setting and pressed 'green' which saved and rebooted the box. Hey Presto. I now have all my listings and synopsis back. The telephone help desk was very helpful but perhaps they should have directed me to this setting before suggesting a call out. I would not have been happy if the engineer charged me €100 just to change an option.

Retired Staff Member
GarryC

Hi aardsoft,

It is really great you have managed to resolve your problem without needing to take up the engineer call out, and we really appreciate you popping onto the forum and letting the community know that this is something they can try :smileyhappy:

It would be great to see you post on the forum again in the future.

Thanks,

I'm New Here
Fuzzy+Logic

Magic. Selecting 'Single Feed Mode (ON)' did the trick. I can now view any programme synopsis (in mini tv mode) without having to select the channel being queried (I only need to highlight it). I've had this problem "program synopsis not available" for a long time. Living in a block of flats means that dual digital inputs aren't available to us (yet?).

Thanks for that aardsoft

Getting There
Phil+Bell

We had the same issue for 3 weeks, no Programme synopsis. But your suggestion of rebooting immediately resolved the problem.

Thank you.

Getting There
carinjo

thank you aardsoft! i also started having this problem on friday. the planner rebuilt didn't help. went to have a look at my feed and low and behold, the single feed was off. why, i don't know. i think it might have happened when i was watching a dvd and recording something at the same time.

anyway, i got my program synopsis back. thank you.

Getting There
dalegarth

Hello,  We too are having the same problem.  It started today after having SKY + HD for a year.  We too have been offered a visit from the engineer.  We first of all had problems with no satellite channel signal now that is fixed we have no program synopsis.  Where did you find your set up menu?any help would be gratefully received.  Many thanks

Super User
Mark39

dalegarth wrote:

Where did you find your set up menu?any help would be gratefully received. 

For SIngle Feed Mode? On your remote: Services,0,0,1,Select.

Getting There
dalegarth

We are having the same problem since the weekend too.  First of all it started with no satellite signal. Then after a few calls, rebuild, card in, sky off etc. etc that got sorted. Then no synopsis.  Same saga.  Now now recording programmes you have put on earlier and are unaware until you come to view and see it has not recorded.  Totally fed up and thinking of leaving them.  Definitely not wasting money on a call out!!

Getting There
dalegarth

Wish it had worked for us too!

Super User
Mark39

dalegarth wrote:

Then no synopsis.  Same saga.  Now now recording programmes you have put on earlier and are unaware until you come to view and see it has not recorded.

Sounds like you have no signal on one feed from the dish.  What is the make and mode of your Sky box (on the rear panel) and what are your signal strengths? Do you have your own dish, or are you connected to a communal system?

I'm New Here
SimonH1

Same issue but this did not work for me. Switched single feed on, did a rebuild, rebooted. No joy...guide works but program synopsis does not. Signal strength on input 1 is about halfway, signal quality is almost full.