Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
I'm New Here
Faye-ella
Accepted Solution

Probs signing out of sky go on iPad

Hi all, can someone please tell me how I log out of sky go on iPad? I just can't work it out!! Every time I come out of the app then go back into it it goes straight in without asking for any log ins??!
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
Shelz

Re: Probs signing out of sky go on iPad

Hi Faye-ella,

Welcome to our forum!

Not being able to log out of the Sky Go app is something that we are currently aware of and are working hard to resolve.

We will update you when we have more information about it.

Many thanks.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
I'm New Here
Russ1983

Any update on this?

I'm New Here
Mark50

Any update on this??

I am having the same problem

I'm New Here
TheLittleChef

Same problem here. I know Sky has form for this, but launching an app you can't actually log out of is absolutely unforgivable. Especially when they flog it so bleedin' hard at every possible juncture.

Sorting this out should be a priority. I'm sure there are many of us in the same predicament (my wife and I have MySky IDs, but hers is the 'dominant' i.e. bill-payer ID, and I logged in with mine, thinking I could change as and when I needed to) - I think we'd all appreciate an update.

Any clues, O wise ones?

Retired Staff Member
Jenny-S

Hi LittleChef,

We are still currently investigating this issue and as yet have not had an update. I appreciate how frustrating this must be for yourselves so as soon as we have an update we will post on this thread.

Jenny
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Getting There
Mark+Joint

I also cannot sign out of my Sky Go account on my IPad. Perhaps if you just told us what we are supposed to do in normal circumstances as I appear to have been permanently signed in since I joined? What would I click on to sign out in normal circumstances? Currently if I lost or had my IPad stolen whoever had it would have immediate access to my Sky Go!

I'm New Here
Jamie+Pendlebury

The only way I done it was too delete and re-install the app
Getting There
Mark+Joint

Cheers Jamie that appears to have done it
Getting There
Mark+Joint

No it hasn't I am back permanently logged in again! Can someone from Sky help please?
Staff
Malcolm-M

[ Edited ]

Hi Mark+Joint, it's not possible to log out of the app at present, sorry. Did you try rebooting the device after uninstalling the app and before installing it again? This should remove the log in but as soon as you log in again you will have the same issue.

Malcolm-M
I'm New Here
andyp1962

is anyone having same problem with i phone ?, i cant log out on an i phone 4 and was wondering if that means it is still using data allowance or is that only when you actually watch something?

I'm New Here
Dortmunder

I have same problem & it's still not fixed.  To be honest, it's great not having to sign in every time & as long as the service remains free, it's fine.  But how long can it take to include a logout button in the iPad application.

Colin

I'm New Here
Fredbaker

Same problem here, very poor from you at sky, shame on you. Please sort this out asp!
Retired Staff Member
GregorA

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

I am able to confirm more details about the issues some of you are having. The reasoning behind there not being a 'log off' option is to save you from signing in every single time the app is launched. This is the way the Sky Go app is designed. In the case that you lose your ipad or if it was stolen, all you would need to do is get in contact with us and get the device removed. This was prevent anyone getting access to your Sky Go account.

If you have any other questions in regards to this, then don't hesitate to get back in touch with us.

Regards.