Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
daisyduck1976
Accepted Solution

Problems with sky go streaming

[ Edited ]

HI- I wonder if anyone can help. I seem to be having problems with Sky Go. It's getting me a bit frustrated! :smileymad:

If I click to watch a programme, it starts with no problems at all. I watch the first part happily and the first set of ads play with no trouble at all. Then once the ads have finished, the next part takes an interminable time to buffer up to 100% and play. Then it plays with no problems until after the next set of ads where the same thing happens again. In between I sometimes randomly lose connection to Sky Go (although my internet connection is till up and running with no problem at this time) and have to start the whole thing again, clicking ahead to the end of each segment waiting forever for them to buffer and then finally getting back to where I was. 

Other info- my internet connection is currently running between 5.5 and 6 MB.

I use Chrome but have the same problem in IE and Firefox when I try them.

I have no similar problems using BBC iPlayer, itv player, CHoD, Demand 5 or any other streaming service.

I have tried reinstalling Silverlight.

I have checked the Silverlight settings and they are all as they should be.

Any suggestions?

:smileysad:

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
LauraMac

Re: Problems with sky go streaming

Hi daisyduck1976, 

When you are using Sky Go do you have any other devices connected to the Internet that could slow the speed down? 

LauraMac
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
daisyduck1976

No just the laptop that I am watching on, and like I said I don't have this problem with any other online tv watching sites at any time, only Sky Go and it's every single time regardless of the time of day etc.

Community Coordinator
LauraMac

Hi Daisyduck1976, 

Thanks for your reply, the next step would be to uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Silverlight 

LauraMac
Community Coordinator

daisyduck1976

[ Edited ]

Okay-

I have just uninstalled, silverlight, reinstalled it and then tried to watch Big Love on Sky Go (Sky Atlantic) using Chrome.

Exactly as before, it played with no problems until the end of the first ad break and then started buffering extremely slowly, taking just under 5 minutes beofre playing all the ads again and then continuing through to the second part.

:smileysad:

Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

Hi daisyduck1976, we has similar reports from a few customers on Sky Player. If all of the suggestions have failed to resolve the problem we would ask that you contact us as we may need to escalate your issue to the second tier of Sky Go support.

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator

daisyduck1976

Thank you. I have done that now.