Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
Mellotron

Problems with White Screen for Sky Go - tried reinstalling Silverlight

Am on Mac OS X 10.6.8

Usually using Chrome but have tried Firefox and Safari with same problem.

This is the usual sequence of events:

1.) I install Silverlight

2.) Silverlight works fine

3.) Come back to Mac another day

4.) Where Silverlight player should be, white screen

5.) Will not work again until...go back to Step 1.

Have now removed and reinstalled about 22 times. Incredibly annoying, and used to work fine on this Mac. Cannot understand it.

Any suggestions?

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
Kris+McD

Re: Problems with White Screen for Sky Go - tried reinstalling Silverlight

Hi Mellotron 

Thanks for your first post and welcome to the Help Forum

Sorry to see that you are still having issues getting Sky Go to work, I wish to help you resolve this issue so I have sent you a Private Message Requesting more information. 

If you could reply to this that would be great.

Cheers 

Kris+McD
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
Woking

I had this problem and it turns out that it relates to SilverLight 5 and..... wait for it...... fonts with an ampersand "&" in the name (e.g. AT&T font).

I used Typrograf to look for fonts with an ampersand, found 2 and deleted them. Then uninstalled SilerLight via the Contral panel and reinstalled when prompted by Sky Go.

Worked a charm!!! Sounds wired but believe me... it works.

Frequent Visitor
st3ph3nb

I can confirm that also after doing this it worked

Occasional Visitor
Notsabad

Spent 2 days trying to get rid of this white screen problem, then tried this solution too . . . .  and it works brilliantly!  Sky tech' and microsoft' tech were unable to help, amazing solution, don't know why it works but it does . .

Occasional Visitor
Oakley86

Thanks for the help. I am unsure how to delete these fonts. I have downloaded Typograf. Could you explain what I do next please. Running Windows 7 64 bit. 

Thanks

Occasional Visitor
Notsabad

Just go to your windows directory and open, go to the fonts folder, open it, and delete any fonts with "&" sign in their name . . .

Occasional Visitor
chalkysam

hello ive tried to install the player my mac using the latest verion of safari, it doesnt work, then i remove  remove and reinstall and everytime im getting a white screen, it self installs, does not register on my computer or recognise my computer. the screen keeps keeps going white and no link is available anywhere on my mac book to be able to open up  the desktop.

Occasional Visitor
brookebonnie

Re: Problems with White Screen for Sky Go

hi there everyone,

im wondering if someone could help. 

ive installed sky go onto my windows laptop; when i click on the app it opens but everytime i sign in i get a white screen.

could anyone tell me how to solve this?

thank you

Super User
caesarome

Try uninstalling Microsoft Silverlight off your computer and then reboot the PC. When it has started up again go to use Sky Go again and it should prompt you to install silverlight which you need to do again, if this hasn't fixed it try using Firefox or Google Chrome as your browser.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Occasional Visitor
Dead-Lucky

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

I was having these issues also and didn't have any fonts containing ampersands (&).

I tried the uninstall / reboot / reinstall Silverlight option and was still unable to resolve.

However I have another solution that worked for me (I'm using Win 7 64-bit):

1 - Right-click the Silverlight app inside of the SkyGo download page (http://go.sky.com/vod/content/Home/Application_Navigation/Accounts_%26_Settings/content/l/l/content/...) and click remove this application.

2 - Refresh the page to force the installer to run again.

3 - Click install and then click on More Options (as the count-down appears).

4 - Ensure that the Desktop icon is checked under more options and then click install.

5 - Once the installation has finished, check your desktop for the Sky Go icon.

6 - Right click the skygo icon and go to properties.

7 - Click on the compatibility tab and then check the 'Run this program as an Administrator' option and click OK.

8 - Try to open Sky Go.

I hope this helps! :smileylol:

Occasional Visitor
JohnNicola

Hi,

I have the same problem. If you've managed to resolve it, i'd like to know how.

I have a Toshiba Sattelite p55, window 8. I've tried with both firefox and IE browser, installed - uninstalled, then reboot, to no avail, i still get the white screen. Any help with regards to this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

John

Occasional Visitor
JohnNicola

It's ok, sorted it :smileyhappy:)
I switched from my intel hd 4000 dedicated graphics card for the application to the NVidia one and now it's resolved!
Occasional Visitor
slacey

[ Edited ]

editing properties and running as administrator worked for me, thanks , I have been pulling my hair out on this one.

Occasional Visitor
timpnefc1

This worked for me - I signed out of skygo, changed the time to 1 minute before the actual time, then signed in & it worked.