Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Regular Visitor
Scoop940

Re: Problems on Sky Hd box since new EPG update.

I have tried, Full reset and planner rebuild  and forced Download and nothing improved it.

Then I removeed all the parental lock stuff on the channels and..

Oddly it seems to have been working ok now for a few days. FF/RW Recording etc. Not seen the blue screen lockout or NULL channel stuff yet. Might be too soon to speak but anyone that's still having trouble are you using parental locks on any of the channels?

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Visitor
krish73

I am not sure if my problem is caused by the new EPG or is a fault with either my sky+hd box or tv. Basically if both the tv and sky box are in standby and i turn the tv on before sky i get sound and a blue screen. I can change chanels enter the tv guide etc but i dont get any picture just sound. if however i turn the tv off and back on, or remeber to turn sky on first the picture is ok, I have tried a different lead and hdmi socket on the tv but this didnt help. Is this similar to what other people have experienced?

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Regular Visitor
Scoop940

Update:

Ours has been behaving perfectly since removing the parental locks on the channels. Not had to reset it since doing so.

Retired Staff Member
Anne-M

Hi Scoop940,

Thanks for coming back to the forum and giving us an update. I hope that this information will come in useful to other customers who may have experienced this.

Regards,
Anne
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Contributor
gio2012

We have experienced the same problems: faulty recording, no Pause, box freezing/locking, no satellite signal, etc ...

We have had 3 engineer visits, the dish and 2 boxes replaced as a consequence (with the loss of all recordings :smileysad: twice :smileyindifferent::smileysad:), as the common root cause seemed to be addressed as a hardware problem.

Since calling the Customer services for the first time I suggested the 'coincidence' of the beginning of the problems with the EPG upgrade, dictating that software may be responsible for this malfunction. 

The last box replacement was left alone for a while and it seems it has been working.

Today I started my customisation by setting up our usual parental lock on individual channels and the locking/freezing started to re-occur only to disappear once the box was rebooted and parental locks removed.

Then I came across to this forum and realised that I have independently discovered your same conclusion.

Obviously this is not the solution, as we want to be able to use Parental Control, so I guess it is now up to the developers to fix the problem.

Retired Staff Member
Anne-M

Hi gio2012,

As this was your first post I would like to welcome you to the forum, and to also apologise for the delay in replying to you.

Can you let me know what the version and model number is of your Sky+HD box as I would like to check that it is running on the most up to date software. You can find this out by pressing services on the remote, followed by numbers 0 then 3.

Thanks,
Anne
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
pippa52

i've been having the same problems since the new EPG was installed failed recordings/ frozen box. When I rang they told me to do a planner rebuild which worked for about 3 weeks.

Its obviously a sky problem so why aren't they helping the customers? if they are working on a glitch in the new soft ware then fine but just be honest and give an approx fix date

Retired Staff Member
Anne-M

Hi pippa52,

As this is your first post I would like to welcome you to the forum :smileyhappy:

Sorry to hear that you are having problems with the system. In order for the community or us to assist you further, could you let us know the following information?

• Version and model number of your Sky+HD box (this can be found by pressing services on the remote, followed by numbers 0 then 3)
  • When the recordings show as failed - what is the reason for this (press the "i" button on the failed recordings you can find this out)
  • When the box is in a frozen state - can you use the buttons on the box manually/is it just the remote control that stops working or is it the picture/sound freezing

Thanks

Anne
Community Coordinator

Contributor
gio2012

Model No.: R004.049.22.00P

Version No.: 4f31d3

(this was a brand new box and it was installed during last week of July).

Regards.

Retired Staff Member
Anne-M

Hi gio2012,

Thanks for coming back to me.

The box is running on the most up to date software that is available for this version of box.

You mentioned that the dish and box has been replaced, can you let me know if the cabling between them has been replaced - also did the engineer mention that moving the dish may make an improvement to this issue?

Thanks,
Anne
Community Coordinator

Contributor
gio2012

No cabling was replaced.

Signal at cable end was slightly improved after the dish was replaced.

However, I can't see the link here, as the problem can be replicated by enabling parental lock, all ok otherwise.

The engineer mentioned about moving the dish the second time round, but it doesn't make sense as it was all working before the upgrade!

Please consider that it could also be a software problem ... It looks as if I am not alone ...

Regards.

Occasional Visitor
Useful

I get problems with the EPG losing programme information, every few hours it seems. Only way to get it back is to power off the box at the mains. So lets look at the facts:

1. It worked fine with previous EPG software

2. It has only happened since the EPG change (I won't call it an upgrade, downgrade is more accurate)

3. The box worked fine before, and works fine immediately after a power cycle.

Therefore, the problem is without doubt the new EPG. Sky, please get your software developers onto it asap, and get a bug-free version out to customers, or roll back to the old version. Thanks.

Visitor
jonnybe+good

Can anyone help ?

Since the new upgrade my HD box now won't even turn on either by the remote or by the control panel on the box.

There is a red light on the box but no other light flashes when using the remote or the  control panel.

I have turned it off overnight to reset but it does nothing, is it the upgrade or something else?

Super User
Mark39

First thing to try is a software refresh: switch the box off at the mains. Press and hold the backup button on the top of the box (not the remote) and continue to press while switching on again at the mains. Continue to press until all four LEDs on the front panel light. Then follow the on screen instructions.

If that doesn't work, the next thing to try will be a full system reset, but this will delete everything from your Planner including your recordings, so it's a last resort.

Let us know how you get on with the software refresh.

Retired Staff Member
Anne-M

[ Edited ]

Hi gio2012,

Sorry for the delay in replying to you.

Can you answer these questions in order for us to help further?

• When the recordings show as failed - what is the reason for this (press the "i" button on the failed recordings you can find this out)
• When the box is in a frozen state - can you use the buttons on the box manually/is it just the remote control that stops working or is it the picture/sound freezing

Thanks,

Anne
Community Coordinator