Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
Janet+W

Problems on Sky Hd box since new EPG update.

My hd box was updated automatically some time last week. Since then I have had numerous failed recordings. Tonight I noticed that eastenders had failed before it had even started. I went to the EPG and selected record. The record indicated showed then disappeared within a few seconds. I tried this several times. The box has locked up a couple of times and I have had to power off an on to get it restarted. Are others having similar problems, are these known to sky? Do we expect another update soon. Regards
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
markylad

Re: Problems on Sky Hd box since new EPG update.

Yes I have had similar issues as you have had. But sometimes the EPG does not show and neither do my recorded programmes, I just get a blank screen. I have totally reset my box but it still happens. I'm not under warranty neither so would probably get charged for an engineer, but I had no issues before the update so it's defo down to that.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
IGGY62

Re: Problems on Sky Hd box since new EPG update. - SKY FIX THIS ISSUE AND QUICKLY

There is a bug in the sky EPG update.

I have two boxes 1 TB Sky+ HD & 1 Sky+ HD.

The Sky+ HD1TB box had the new sky EPG update applied 10 days ago & ever since it needs resetting as it believes it has lost the signal lock on either signal one or signal two or both.

Additional the menu hangs leaving a blue screen and the remote seem inoperable as the box hangs and becomes unresponsive.

Preset programs that should have been recorded are not being recorded even more irritating LOST.

Meanwhile the Sky+ HD with the previous version of the sky EPG functioned fine.

That was until today!!!!

Overnight it was moved to the new EPG and the same problem has started begun occurring i.e. signal loss.

There is nothing wrong with the cables connect the boxes to the dish, they are not loose nor have they been moved neither anything change on the sat dish or connections

Now both boxes have to be cold booted i.e. switched off, the power cable removed and then reinserted and the boxes restarted.

It’s disgustingly poor, extremely annoying customer experience

SKY FIX THIS ISSUE & QUICKLY.

STOP MAKING STUPID EXECUSES BURNING VALUE TELEPHONE TIME EXPENSE & SENDING ENGINEERS OUT TO DO POINTLESS CHECKS.

ALTERNATIVELY PUT THE PREVIOUS VERSION BACK ON MY BOXES.

Occasional Visitor
Costalot

Have got the same after the update. Tried everything over the last 3 days to get going but nothing works. 
Time to take on the support line - better not try to charge for an engineer visit.
Probably end up for over a week without service because of this update - quality service. 

Retired Staff Member
Anne-M

Re: Problems on Sky Hd box since new EPG update. - SKY FIX THIS ISSUE AND QUICKLY

Hi All,

I'm sorry to hear that you are seeing signal issues recently, can you try the steps on this link and let me know how you get on?

Thanks,

Anne
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Regular Visitor
Scoop940

[ Edited ]

Good to know we are not alone. We have 2 sky boxes and the older one has the same problem since the update. Keeps locking up with a blue screen and only fix is a power off reset.  Even tryed a full reset losing all the kids recordings - they were happy :-( But still the same. Other one has updated but has yet to show the issue, it's only 3 months old though. Wonder if there is an issue with older hardware?  DRX890

Sometimes I can get into the guid sometimes not. When I can and go to signal it shows no signal and NULL in the lock fields.

Regular Visitor
Scoop940

And checked the suggestions on the link provided by Anne, none of those.
Visitor
ortwentythree

I have never had a problem with my HD box until the planner upgrade, now failed recordings and freezing up when attempting playback on some others! Unfortunately Anne's suggestions didn't resolve it.
Frequent Visitor
vibe105

I have had the same issue.

Phoned sky, did a forced download and the dreaded reset which wipes all recordings, and the box still loses its signal!

I wouldnt have minded much but the box is only a month old and was working fine untill this update.

IN MY EYES, SKY HAVE BROKEN MY CONTRACT!

I feel a rant coming on........

Occasional Visitor
palowdz

Since the "upgrade" my box has taken to cutting off the last 15 mins of recording if I watch the programme whilst it's still recording. Then when I press Back Up it deletes the recording. Too much stuff on there to do a reset. Any advice?

Super User
Mark39

palowdz wrote:

Since the "upgrade" my box has taken to cutting off the last 15 mins of recording if I watch the programme whilst it's still recording. Then when I press Back Up it deletes the recording. Too much stuff on there to do a reset. Any advice?

Try a Planner Rebuild.

ASB
Occasional Visitor
ASB

I've had the same problem since my EPG was updated. I've spent over 4 hours on the phone to sky going through all the conceivable 'fixes' but to no avail. I'm assuming that the older hardware can't manage the new software in terms of the new EPG. I've requested a new box (at a cost of course) which has left me out of pocket, without Sky until the new box arrives and wiped all my programmes I've been recording over the past 6 months. It seems quite unsatisfactory and limited scope to address the problem. As such I've written to Ofcom to get their thoughts on the matter. I'd like to stay with Sky as it's a good service. Expensive! But you pay for the product quality. However, I'm beginning to think about alternative TV suppliers.

Until now I've always been an advocate of the product but this has left a bitter taste and I can't seem to get a commitment to fix the problem. Sky should be sending a message to all it's user base in terms of how it intends to address this issue for those affected.

Will a new box fix the problem? Will I be compesentated - probably not? Will my Sky bill be almost £100 at the end of the month - almost certainly.

Visitor
Amanda+R

Since the software upgrade I am also having all the same problems with failed recordings and no signal. I have spent hours on the phone with support to no avail.

I relented and have got an engineer coming out to look at it. They seems to think there is a problem with the dish as the error message number was 29 (yesterday it was 25). Even with a support contract I am still going to have to wait 7 days for an engineer to call.

Strange thing is when I plug my old box in it works perfectly with a full signal. Apart from the fact I have the HD pack and my old box is not HD so the channel numbers are in a mess. This is obviously a software problem!!

SKY - PLEASE SORT THIS OUT

Occasional Visitor
zoo4400

Hi

I have had the same problems since the update.  I am also having problems recorsing two programmes at once.  This is despite both signals being fine.  Any help would be appreciated.

Senior Member (Gold)
John8372