Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Getting There
mamof3

Problems connecting to new TV

I connected my Sky+HD box to a new TV last night through a HDMI cable I'm getting a no input message on my TV.  The sky box just freezes and eventually turns itself off.  I kept unplugging it etc until it did eventually work but it's started doing the same thing again today.  

The TV is an LG 42LV550T and it is full HD.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
kato

Re: Problems connecting to new TV

Have a read through this thread,it may give you some guidance.

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-HD-Picture-Sound/SkyHD-box-wont-show-a-picture-using-HDMI-lead-to-Te...

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have been helped by someone please click on the thumbs up icon to give them Likes.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Getting There
mamof3

Thanks for your reply.  I just found this on the LG website:

"Most LG HDMI ports do not support the DTS HD signal, so please change the audio settings on your set top box to either PCM or AC3"

My problem now is how do I change the settings when I can't turn the box on? 

Technology baffles me sometimes!

Super User
Mark39

It wouldn't help anyway with connecting your TV and Sky box. It's an audio setting only, and in fact Sky only outputs stereo via its HDMI cable which any TV should be able to handle.

My guess is that your problem is an HDCP incompatibility issue of some sort which a number of LG TV owners have reported here.

Is the HDMI output of your Sky box set to 1080i? (disconnect the HDMI cable and use a scart connection to check)

Does your TV have a DVI input?

I'm New Here
Gillie11

Had same problem. LG TV new only offered auto tune antenna or cable. Hit Home on remote and found myself into SmartTv setup. A DownArrow push revealed Cable connection (which I'm not) - but next to it was HDMI. A LeftArrow to select HDMI and BINGO! Picture and Sound all ok! Problem solved.