Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference. Learn more about this message
Getting There
Divalicious

Problem sending emails through Windows Mail using my sky email

I have been trying all day to send several emails through Windows Mail but it always fail. I am using pop.tools.sky.com on a local area network.

Also popping up is a message from windows security asking me to logon to pop.tools.sky.com to verify that both the username and password are correct for my mail server. I enter my sky username and password and it keeps prompting me to enter it again.

Any advice will be appreciated thank you

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Super User
caesarome

In the username box are you entering your full sky email...

In the username box are you entering your full sky email address including the @sky.com bit as it has to be entered like this.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
I'm New Here
Broseley89

I am having the same trouble, and it started randomly 3 d...

I am having the same trouble, and it started randomly 3 days ago. I always put in the full username. I have searched the internet and found this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926374 which says Windows Mail no longer supports email servers that are web based - and Sky of course have moved to Yahoo - so this may be the answer. If I find anything else, I'll post it.

I'm New Here
Broseley89

Ok I've sorted it now. I had to change the outgoing serve...

Ok I've sorted it now. I had to change the outgoing server username and password to the ones I use to log in to theSky website with. I had just changed my password a few days ago. For some reason we could still receive emails but not send, using the old username and password!