Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
itsjusttony

Problem Port Forwarding for Minecraft Server!

Hello,

I have just started setting up a server for Minecraft. Its not for public use, just for myself and a few mates to use.

So far I have done the initial server setup : Ran the .exe, closed the server, changed the Server Properties "Server IP=" field to my local IP (have also tried my global IP and leaving the field blank).

I have done plenty of port forwarding in the past for games and applications but I have just ran completely out of ideas on this one.

Router - Sagemcom 2504n (Latest FW)

Running - Windows 7 32-bit (Latest Updates)

Ports - 25565 (UDP & TCP)

My System has a static IP which I have also reserved on the router for my network cards MAC address.

Here's what I have tried so far.

Security > Services > Add

Name: Mcrft

Type: TCP&UDP

Start Port:25565

Finish Port:25565

Apply.

Security > Firewall Rules > Inbound Services > Add

Service: Mcrft(TCP/UDP:25565:25565)

Action: Allow Always

Send to LAN server: 192.168.0.X

WAN Users: Any

Start: 0.0.0.0 (Field not in use)

Finish: 0.0.0.0 (Field not in use)

Log: Always

Security > Firewall Rules > Outbound Services > Add

Service: Mcrft(TCP/UDP:25565:25565)
Action: Allow Always
LAN Users: Single Address
Start: 192.168.0.X 
Finish:0.0.0.0 (Field not in use)
WAN Users: Any
Start:0.0.0.0 (Field not in use)
Finish:0.0.0.0 (Field not in use)
Log: Always

I have also allowed port exceptions and program exceptions in Windows Firewall. Have also tried temporarily disabling all security utilities (Firewall and AV / A-MW) on my system.

I have tried using several online port testers and have downloaded and tried several port test applications. All are stating the port is Blocked or Not in Use.

The router does not have a DMZ enabled (It did but I disabled it and rebooted the router to be sure it was not interfering)

Now I can connect myself but my mates can't. Get "could not reach server" error. Which as far as I know is down to the port being Blocked/Not in Use.

Have tried using static IP's and DHCP assigned ones with no luck (Changed the IP in the Firewall Rules Outbound & Inbound to match)

To put it simply, why is the port not open? I have multiple other ports open(Call of Duty, World of Warcraft and a few others), however port 25565 will not open.

Would really appreciate any advice or suggestions,

Thanks

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Manager
Erinn-R

Re: Problem Port Forwarding for Minecraft Server!

Hi itsjusttony,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with port forwarding.

Have you followed our step by step guide to port forwarding which you can find by clicking here?

Thanks

Erinn
Community Manager
Forum Help http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/help/faqpage
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
D-Tronics+UK

Hi 

i am having the same problem 

can connect via localhost but not via the external ip

i have made a screenshot that you can find here

Contributor
Bimmer-man

My router was updated with th latest firmware (guessing it the universal one - 6.14.6a4N_UNI) and all my port forwarding stopped. I don't think sky is allowing port forwarding on the new firmware. I phone sky to try and get the lastest Sky Hub but that has the same firmware on it and wanted to charge me so i was pretty stuck.

I have now bought an "non" sky router and i now have port forwarding working again.

It a pain i had to do it that way but had no choice.
techguru

How the hell did you manage to get a non sky router working on your connection?

Contributor
Bimmer-man

Have a look on skyuser forum, all the info is there for non sky routers. Its just if there is an internet issue sky will not help if it is a non sky router.
Community Coordinator
Natasha-B

Hello techguru,

Thanks for your post.

Are you having any issues with your Sky Broadband at all?

If you can get back to us when you have a moment.

Thanks,

Natasha-B
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips

techguru

Hi Natasha b. I am trying to host an online game server for minecraft. I have forwarded the ports on my router and dedicated a static IP for the server hardware but no one can connect to it. Could you please advise if you allow through traffic on port ID 25565. If not how can this be done so I can host this server. Many thanks

Loyal sky customer for 15 years
Community Coordinator
Natasha-B

Thanks for getting back to me techguru.

Are you using a Sky Broadband router? If you have a look here this gives you information in regards to forwarding the ports.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Natasha-B
Community Coordinator

techguru

Hi there. I have already forwarded the port via my sky router (wireless N). It appears that sky is blocking the port. 25565. I have checked on a port scanning website and even though I have opened the port on the router it still reports that this port is not open. Could this be a problem with my router or do sky block ports so game hosting cannot happen.

Please advise
techguru

If it is the router is it possible to buy a third party router from my local hardware store and use it. Again please advise.
Community Coordinator
Natasha-B

Have you tried to reset your Sky router for 15 seconds? This can sometimes open the ports to allow you to connect. I need to make you aware if you have changed your wireless password or any settings on the router itself this will default them back to normal.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Natasha-B
Community Coordinator

techguru

I have tried all of the above. I have reset everything back to day one and still no joy. Like is said in my prev post if the router is faulty then surely a new one should be sent to replace it and make this issue resolved
Community Coordinator
Natasha-B

This is not something that we would generally offer support on techguru.

If you would like to have a replacement router we can arrange this. I have to make you aware this may not resolved the issue and a replacement router is chargeable. If you wish to order a replacement router you can do so here

If you need anything else let us know.

Thanks,

Natasha-B
Community Coordinator

Contributor
Bimmer-man

I tried everything to do the port forwarding but it just didn't work (I do work in I.T so nothing new to me). I wanted to upgrade to the new Hub but it has the same firmware on it. So i had to use my own hardware.

The Firmware just doesn't like port forwarding. i must be going mad because i couldn't get it to work