Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference. Learn more about this message
Explorer
Sycamore99

Poor quality on Sky Go

The viewing quality on SkyGO never seems to get better than 2 bars..!! A recent update has removed the option to select the viewing quality.. this is now just 'Auto'.

I have Virgin cable broadband on a 60Mb speed and my viewing PC is plugged directly into the router.

The PC has a fast Quad core processor and dual high-end graphics cards.

Nothing else is using broadband bandwidth.

Please explain why Sky removed the option to select the quality and WHY the streaming service is SO BAD..!!

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
I'm New Here
Simon+C.

I am experiencing exactly the same, also on a superfast o...

[ Edited ]

I am experiencing exactly the same, also on a superfast optic fibre cable connection and dedicated to the Win 8 PC that I am using to view.  I recall watching a channel at the weekend where the Quality was automatically set to "High" (with 4 or 5 bar connection) and a picture to match.  But as soon as I try to watch sports, movie or other interesting channels, the Quality is set to "Auto" with a connection of 1 or 2 bars and a fuzzy picture that is really not good enough for watching sport.  I have followed the various instructions given in the general advice pages.  I cannot update Silverlight because I am (apparently) already running the latest version and in any case, this is automatically updated by Windows Update.  In fact, I can get better quality streams elsewhere for much less and will obviously need to review my Sky Go subscription.  I can see from various posts that this has been a long term problem and nothing seems to have been done about it.  

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.