Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference. Learn more about this message
Getting There
lorrainecloggie1

Planner won't display - System Fault 10-7 Sky+HD tried rebuild and power off

Planner wont display error 10-7 tried as suggested on forum to rebuild and power down, just keeps freezing at housekeeping pls wait stage  and nothing displayed when re powered any other suggestions?

Regards

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Getting There
lorrainecloggie1

Re: Planner won't display - System Fault 10-7 Sky+HD tried rebuild and power off

Spent last  2 hours on sky chat with an advisor only to get told equipment at fault and out of warranty so have to have service visit at either one off cost £65 or £8+ per month insurance premium so no further forward until the engineer visits ...... bizarre as it was working fine yesterday stung by sky again :-(

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Retired Staff Member
Emma-O

Hi lorrainecloggie1,

Thanks for taking the time to post and welcome.

I am sorry to see you are having issues with your planner. Can i double check, when you contacted us via live chat, did you try any other troubleshooting?

If you did complete all troubleshooting and have no extended warranty on your equipment then it would be a chargeable call for an engineer to attend and resolve your issue.

Regards,
Getting There
lorrainecloggie1

Re: Planner won't display - System Fault 10-7 Sky+HD tried rebuild and power off

Hi Emma

I tried troubleshooting as detailed on the forum, trying to rebuild sky plus and also went through numerous suggestions from the guy on sky chat, do you know of anything i should try?

Regards

Lorraine

Retired Staff Member
Emma-O

Hi lorrainecloggie1,

Thanks for getting back to me. The only thing i can suggest is a Full System Reset.

To perform a Full System reset:

Press services. Options will be displayed.
Press the right arrow to highlight Settings menu and press select. Picture displays.
You now need to access the hidden engineer menu.

Press 0, 1 and select. Set up menu displays.
Use left or right arrow to highlight System Reset and press select.
The warning OSM: “This option will delete all existing and planned recordings. Press Select to continue or Backup to cancel” displays . Press select.
OSM: Housekeeping please wait displays.
If box continues to display Housekeeping OSM for longer than 2 minutes, proceed to Power Reset procedure then repeat this process

Lights on front panel will illuminate as Full System Reset begins.
Box will reboot itself and and continue to display a red or amber standby light.

Wait 2 - 4 minutes after red / amber standby light displays, then press Sky to change standby light to green.

Hope this helps,

Getting There
lorrainecloggie1

Hi Emma have carried out system reset as you suggested, it has wiped all info in the planner including saved programmes, i have been able to set programmes to record in planner now, however i cannot get into on demand have entered internet info twice and it is saying no programmes available ensure you have sky+ subscription and try again in a few hours, what is that about - have we lost anything else by doing system reset and how do we get it back

Regards

Lorraine

Retired Staff Member
Emma-O

Hi lorraninecloggie1,

With having an on screen message System fault and the planner rebuild failed, then the last option is a full system reset. The System Fault may have been a fault with the box. Unfortunately there is no way we can get your recording back. This is something the engineer would have done. I do apologise for any inconvenience. The On Demand can take upto 72 hours for this to be downloaded.

Thanks,
Getting There
lorrainecloggie1

i am bit confused the guy last night said the programmes would not be erased, doesnt matter now, can you cancel the engineer visit scheduled for saturday.  will try the on demand again later hopefully it will work in time for Christmas, why do you think the problem arose in the first place is this quite common - do we get re-embursed for loss of services that we are paying for? ie sky plus planner?

Retired Staff Member
GRF4784

Hi lorrainecloggie1,

Thanks for posting.

Can you tell us what service you need reimbursed for? Have you spoke to Sky directly(not via the Forum)regarding cancelling the engineer visit?

Thanks,

Getting There
Dory458

I have joined the ranks of the 10-7 fault.  Why is this happening to so many people?  It's really compromising the service from Sky to be unable to view recorded programmes (all now deleted) and/or On Demand and I'm also at the "you don't have OnDemand message".  Am hoping that, like another viewer, this will kick in at some point.

Extremely disappointing......

Thanks though to Emma, followed her advice to a previous customer and hoping it's worked for us - can at least rewind etc again now.  Guess it's suck it and see regarding the On Demand.

Donna