Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
Luckyxx

Picture freezes

Just had sky fitted, and the picture freezes regular, every few mins, we had a new box and signal checked everything and engineer came today to fix it but as soon as he left it started to freeze again.

The freezing is happening in the multi room not the room with the sky + box.

I will contact the engineer again but due to weekend i thought i would post here talked to sky did the back up thing on box tried a scart lead and it's doing the same thing.

Hoping i can fiix it soon my daughter isn't able to watch tv right now.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
AvoriazSkier

Re: Picture freezes

Don't let the engineer leave until you are totally satisfied the problem is resolved!
Still a victim of bureaucracy!
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
Luckyxx

He was here for along time trying to fix it but now hes off work for a week he thiks my virgin connection could be causing interference sky + box is fine but multi room box keeps freezing...

Super User
AvoriazSkier

I fail to see what your Virgin connection has to do with the Sky box freezing. Can you give a bit more detail as to the nature of this "freezing"? I'm assuming your dish has a quad LNB and each of your boxes has both inputs on the rear connected. The freezing is usually connected with a signal issue if you mean that the picture becomes blocky, pixelated and stops moving momentarily.

Signal issues can have a number of causes but would have assumed the the engineer had eliminated these. They include poorly fitted connectors, damaged or poorly fitted cables, failing LNB and poorly aligned dish.
Occasional Visitor
Luckyxx

[ Edited ]

sure the multi room box is closer to the sky dish, and the signal strength is good, but the box that is further away from the dish has no problems, the virgin is still connected doesn't go off until end of month and the virgin connectors are close to the tv.

Picture plays for a few minutes the freezes for several seconds and this has been happening since i had it fitted 3 days ago, spoke with sky over phone they have reset signal and everything and told me it wouldn't freeze again, but it's still doing it.

Engineer said the only thing left to do now is reset the ibn number but he is off work for a week now and gave me another number to ring but with it being sunday i didn't phone it yet.

Super User
AvoriazSkier

It may be a viewing card problem - take the card out of the box and give the contacts a wipe with a clean cloth. If this doesn't work you may have a faulty card or even box. They have been known to be faulty out of the wrapper.
Occasional Visitor
Luckyxx

Well this is the 2nd box I've had put in so i doubt it's the box now it was replaced with a new one yesterday. I will try wipe the card but i would think if this was a issue it would effect all channels. Music channels don't seem to freeze.
Community Coordinator
Peter-Ed

Hi Luckyxx,

Thanks for posting onto the Forum,

Can you tell me if you have anything beside the Sky Box for example a telephone base unit or anything else that is maybe wireless? Did you try the viewing card at all? If you have tried all of these can you try a software download for me and tell me if this will help? 

Please let us know how you get on with this :smileyhappy: 

Cheers,

Pete
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Occasional Visitor
Luckyxx

[ Edited ]

Hey there, yes tried the viewing card had 4 engineers out, now i have to wait 3 weeks for the house to be rewired :smileysad: all other options you have suggested have been done by egineers and myself but no change tried the box in the other room and it has no issues, so i think it's the wiring...

Only thing close to my box is my virgin media connection, which is also connected in the other room and box has no issues in that room no cordless phone next to my box had 2 boxes put in so it's ot the box so i guess it's the wiring.

Staff
John-B

Thanks for getting back in touch Luckyxx,

Please keep us updated on how you get on with this issue after the rewiring has been completed.

Cheers

John-B
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Occasional Visitor
Luckyxx

I will do thanks.