Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Getting There
DerekT

Phone line problems

Hi all recently moved home and finally open reach decided to connect the phoneline (3 weeks) and since it has been connected the phone when it is used you can hardly hear whos on the other end because of crackling sounds and it has dropped calls a few times too , so before I try a different phone just thought I would see if there is anyone else who has had problems like this and what can be done to fix it

thanks Derek

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Retired Staff Member
Anne-M

Re: Phone line problems

[ Edited ]

Hi DerekT, 

As this is your first post I would like to welcome you to the help forum :smileyhappy:

Can I ask you to follow the steps on this link and if this doesn't resolve the issue I would suggest contacting us so we can look into this further.

Let us know how you get on?

Thanks, 

Anne
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Getting There
DerekT

Hi thanks for the link, tried but to no avail , so contacted sky help team who did the tests which has resulted in a home visit in the next few days hopefully

regards Derek

Community Coordinator
chelsea12

Hi DerekT

Great to hear that you have managed to get to the bottom of your telephone issue and hopefully this will get fully resolved by the engineer visit. 

Keep us updated

Thanks  

Getting There
DerekT

Hi an update , today an enginner from openworld came and checked the line and installed a new one as there was a break in the line which was there before we moved in ,he was very helpful. So the problem has been sorted , and I would not hesitate to come in there again for advise ,thanks Derek

Community Coordinator
chelsea12

[ Edited ]

Hi DerekT

Great news, Glad to hear that all is now back to normal:smileyhappy:

Thanks again for the update.