Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Getting There
greenwoodsg

PAIRING VIWEING CARD TO SECOND HAND SKY HD BOX

[ Edited ]

Hi, i have just brought a second hand sky HD box as my current box keeps freezing and is out of warranty. I telephoned customer services asking for my viwing card to be paired to my new box. I was told the box is still registered to the old card and it would need to be unregistered first. As i brought this box from cash converters i have no way of contacting the old owners. does anyone know if it will be possible to get this box paired eventually to my card?

Many thanks.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
Stantheman2k12

Re: PAIRING VIWEING CARD TO SECOND HAND SKY HD BOX

This is not true. Is your other box connected to a working phone line line?
If I Or Anyone Has Helped Please Kudos. If Your Problem Is Solved Please Click On Accept As Solution.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Getting There
greenwoodsg

No my box not connected to a phone line, i was told last week by customer services i could do over the phone.

Super User
Stantheman2k12

Yes. You can do it over the phone , done my second hand cash converters one before. Try calling again and speak to someone different. Call 08442414141. Let me know how you get on please
If I Or Anyone Has Helped Please Kudos. If Your Problem Is Solved Please Click On Accept As Solution.
Getting There
greenwoodsg

I just phoned customer services back and he took all the details then said there was a system fault and he would call me back before 11Pm tonight with a update. Not sure what he was on about. the card is still not paired to the second hand box i brought.

Super User
Stantheman2k12

Ok, I heard there was a fault with sky systems today.

Do you have an active phone line by any chance?

I can get instuctions to how how to do it yourself.

Getting There
greenwoodsg

No sorry i dont have a land line in my flat. Many thnaks for your help.

Protégé
simon194

Stantheman2k12 wrote:
This is not true. Is your other box connected to a working phone line line?

Actually it is true. The system won't allow a card to be manually paired to a box that still has an active subscription associated with it. I've been in the same boat with a secondhand box that was still in the 30 days notice period.

The only way it can be done is using the 'New Install' option in the 'Services-0-0-1-Select' menu and let the box do a callback and that will register the box on your account and pair the card.

Sky DRX890 Version No: 4f3108
Pace Sky+HD Version No: 9F3003
Super User
Mark39

simon194 wrote:

The only way it can be done is using the 'New Install' option in the 'Services-0-0-1-Select' menu and let the box do a callback and that will register the box on your account and pair the card.

Interesting, I wasn't aware of that. So to make sure I've got it right, doing a new install gets around the problem of a Sky box still being associated with an active subscription?

Retired Staff Member
Anne-M

Hi All, 

I just wanted to clarify this. When a customer calls in to advise that they have replaced their box, the agent will run through checks to make sure that the software in the box is up to date and will then advise on how to get their services running. If a pair card is needed, the agent will complete a form with the relevant details for this to happen, this is because boxes could be linked to other account.

Thanks, 

Anne
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Retired Staff Member
Anne-M

Hi simon194, 

You mentioned that you have had issues in getting the card paired, have you managed to get this paired or are you still having viewing problems? 

Can you let me know what is happening as we will advise further?

Thanks, 

Anne
Community Coordinator

Retired Staff Member
Anne-M

Hi greenwoodsg, 

I am just wondering if you are still having problems in getting your card paired to your replacement box? Can you let me know how you are getting on and I will try and help further?

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Thanks, 

Anne
Community Coordinator

Getting There
greenwoodsg

Hi spoke again to sky today and they told me my second hand box is still registered to a old card and there may be outstanding arrears on that account hence why the account has not been closed. They told me there is pretty much no way the box will be paired with my card until the previous owner pays there bill and the account closed. I'm going to take the box back to the shop I brought it from and try and get my money back though not confident.
Retired Staff Member
Anne-M

Hi greenwoodsg, 

That's unfortunate to hear about the box, please let us know how how you get on with it. You mentioned that your old box is out of warranty and keeps freezing. Can you advise what you have tried to do to resolve this issue? 

Thanks, 

Anne
Community Coordinator

Getting There
green78

i have the same thing, when i moved house i was given a 2nd hand hd box from the previous owner who had cancelled their account so it wasnt joined to any open account, i spoke to a sky advisor on the chat who said the only way to activate the box is to pay for multiroom, i told them i don't want multiroom i just want the box activated but he said thats the only way to activate the box. so is this pairing even possible without having to pay out for something i don't want / need?