Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Visitor
bull61
Accepted Solution

Outgoing mail server

I'm signed up to sky broadband in Ireland. V happy so far. One small problem, does anyone know the outlook server settings for outgoing email?
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
caesarome

Re: Outgoing mail server

smtp.tools.sky.com

port 465

Check the box next to My Outgoing Server (SMTP) Requires Authentication and select Use Same Settings As My Incoming Mail Server.

Use SSL

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Visitor
bull61

My incoming mail server is Eircom, so i cant use the same settings for my outgoing Sky server.

Super User
caesarome

From Googling it seems that mail1.eircom.net or mail2.eircom.net is an outgoing server.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

I do not work for Sky.
Visitor
bull61

Thanks but that only works as the outgoing server if my broadband is with eircom.  My email address account is with eircom but i've changed broadband to sky. Using Outlook I can receive email but cant send any.

Super User
caesarome

You can only use the sky server to send sky emails i'm afraid, so you would need to find another one to use.

I do not work for Sky.
Contributor
damoirl

bull61 wrote:

Thanks but that only works as the outgoing server if my broadband is with eircom.  My email address account is with eircom but i've changed broadband to sky. Using Outlook I can receive email but cant send any.

Hi bull61,

In your outgoing server settings you need to select 'My outgoing Server SMTP requires authentication'

You then need to enter your sky email address in full i.e. bull61@sky.com you must include the @sky.com

Your half way there now.

The receiver will see the mail was sent from your sky email address so to work around this you need log in to your sky mail account. Go into settings then accounts and then ‘send mail as’ then ‘Add another email address you own. Fill in the details for your eircom mail then send through sky mail then send verification. You’ll then receive an email to your eircom account with a link to verify the setup.

The receiver of you mails will then receive an email from your sky email on behalf of your eircom account & all reply’s will be sent to your eircom account.

It’s a bit of a pain but it’s the only way to send from 3rd party accounts.

And the bad news is I don’t think yahoo support this setup so it may not work after April!!!

Damo.

Visitor
bull61

Thanks for your help
Occasional Visitor
ShayKennedy

Thanks fdor that, after three days and a thousand configuratios, I was sent this by a friend. 2Mins later I am up and running. Thanks a mill.

Occasional Visitor
helpneededplease

Hi

I have tried setting my my outgoing mail setting as above, but it is not working for me. Can someone please help. I am trying to send mail using my personal (non sky) email address using windows mail. I have just moved to sky broadband. I had no problems before when I was on o2 broadband.

In windows mail, I have ticked the box saying "my server requires authentication" under outgoing mail server and I have entered my sky email address and password under settings. I did not tick the box "log on using secure password authentication". Not sure if I am supposed to.

Under advanced settings I have ticked the box "this server requires a secure connection" and I have entered port 465.

I then went in to sky email account, but I think the layout has changed since the post above. There is no "settings" followed by "accounts". Instead I have clicked on "mail options", and there under "mail accounts" I have been able to change my reply to address to my personal account. However there is no function then to send the verification email. I am not clear what the poster above means by "then send through sky mail then send verification".

I am not able to send mails however using windows mail despite doing the above. I just get an error message.

Can someone please help. Sky have been most unhelpful. They say if I am using a personal account, they cannot help me!

Many thanks

Contributor
damoirl

Hi help needed please,

yahoo mail is totally different than the old gmail so i just guessing here!!!

Try logging into your sky mail, click onto options, this will bring you to the 'Send and receive email from other email services' section.

Click on add & enter your personal email details. click on skip set up to send only.

You will then recive an activation email, click on the verify your email link.

In the sending email section enter your name & return to email address.

Hope this works for you,

Damo :smileyhappy:

Retired Staff Member
Ian-M-

Hi helpneededplease,

Thanks for your post.  I am sorry that you feel that we have been unhelpful. What you have been advised is correct.  We can only support services through our mail server.  If this is through another client like Hotmail, you could contact them for the settings and then take it from there.  I hope this help you a bit more.

Thanks and best regards,

Occasional Visitor
Murph+the+Smurf

I've just signed up to Sky and Damo's advice is spot on! Thanks. Murph
Staff
John-B

Hi Murph+the+Smurf,

Thanks for letting us know that Damo's advice worked :smileyhappy:

Cheers

John-B
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Occasional Visitor
bruclynne

Whilst the solution above worked for others... it hasnt worked for me. I am running 'Microsoft office:mac 2011 home and business', on my I-Mac.

Like others I had absolutly no problem with this programme sending and recieving until it stopped sending a couple of weeks ago. I have been with Sky for some months now and had been sending emsils with my old settings, (mail.btinternet.com...my previous isp). BT have now gone to YAHOO and it no longer wroks and I dont have a contract with them.

I want to use my old email address which is an 'fsnet.co.uk' address supported by orange, I get the emails.  I have tried everything as above but just cant send....!!!!

Any ideas anyone.....

Bruce