Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Community Coordinator
michael-r

Outage at Cosham Exchange

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone,

Unfortunately, there are ongoing power related complications at Cosham exchange, resulting in a loss of broadband and voice services for customers connected via this exchange. We are working with BT Openreach to get these resolved as soon as possible.

We will look to provide as much up-to-date information that we can. This is also available on our service status page.

Michael
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Visitor
Sneaky+Jase

Re: Outage at Cosham Exchange

This has been out for 2 days now. Any idea on how much longer?!
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
Robert

Hi Sneaky+Jase, 

We're aware that the outage is ongoing and the latest update from Openreach is that there are some power issues at the exchange which are causing issues.

We hope to have the issue resolved as soon as possible.

For more information and updates please keep an eye on our Service Status Page.

Robert
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
Kazzzz

I agree. This is getting blo**y ridiculous now. I'm paying for a service I can't use. I hope all users in this area are going to get refunds. And updates more than once a day please!
Community Coordinator
Robert

[ Edited ]

Hi All,

We appreciate that this issue has been ongoing for some time now and engineers are on-site at the exchange working to resolve this as quickly as possible.

The latest update we have regarding this issue is that damage is worse than expected and it's unlikely that the fault will be resolved before tomorrow morning. We hope to have a further update at around 9am tomorrow morning regarding this.

Thanks for your patience.

Robert
Community Coordinator

Dead+Parrot

I've had the loss of Broadband for over two days now. It is very frustrating, the total lack of information that is accessable by the 150 facility operators. In fact i have learnt more from this forum logging in at work than i have from Sky. This is unacceptable in the age of modern communications! Which has meant a weekend in the office instead of at home with the kids. I'll leave it for today, but if there is no progress or more information then i'll seriously look round for an alternative.    

Occasional Visitor
Angry+of+Cosham

It is a disgrace that this has been going on for more than 48 hours. It is strange that people with BT etc are not encountering problems. Why couldn't you have got this sorted out sooner?

Are you going to give people compensation?

Visitor
mikeyl

for over 57 hours with out a phone line and broadband . funny how the engineers will be on site first thing monday morning when they are all back to work anyway . this could of been dealt with sooner , i will be making a formal complai.t sky and wont be expecting to pay for either service next month.
Occasional Visitor
Richard+EG

Ok Sky what IS going on?

I lost everything at about 11:45 last night. As a telecoms/network engineer I imediately ran some line tests and found that my line although connected to something, is totally and utterly dead. Left it overnight in the hope it'd be fixed.

Sat morning, dead, so I call through, get a very helpful chap in the UK who I absoluteley cannot fault. He took my word as an engineer and then on checking your system noticed that there was an exchange fault. At this point your status still said everything was ok.

Sat night, still out, phoned up, got the indian call centre and after 2 minutes wanted to just hang up and go punch something, they knew nothing, not even the recorded fault at Cosham and after getting all my details wrong, misquoting thinghs back at me I gave up.

Sunday morning, same again, in fact this time she wouldnt even dewviate from the script. She wanted me to disconnect everything, rebooot the router blah blah before then going through security and surprise surprise spotted an ongoing fault. Your site had by now been updated and she couldnt give me an eta at all. Sunday eve was the same.

I run a business and I do a lot of work from home. I've now had to sling a cable down my garden to a neighbour who oddly, has phone and broadband despite being on the same exchange. Our shop, also on Cosham, has both the BE line and ADSL up and running spot on too.

I'm also in a position where if several of my customers I know are on Sky Talk, need an ambulance (yes they are all special needs customers) they are going to be screwed.

So is there any chance that you will ....

A) Tell us what the da*mn fault is

B) Give us an ETA and update us more than once every two days

C) Refund us all for this issue

D) Make a serious effort to actually fix it.

Dead+Parrot

Just been on the SKY user site, and there is an apology message posted saying that engineers will be in attendance at 0900 this morning (Monday) to affect repairs and that the broadband service should be restored shortly afterwards. By implication this means that although they knew of the problem Saturday, Sky did not send out any engineers until this morning. Which is totally unacceptable? I’m going to put a call through to the open reach engineers and if it is a case that the prolonged outage was due to non-attendance of Sky Engineers then I shall be carefully considering my options!

Visitor
mikeyl

still nothing , just rung call centre some indian lady kindly cut me off after waiting 12 minutes ...i also no sky advisors on here now giving any updates , you will be losing my custom sky
Occasional Visitor
Richard+EG

It seems that Openretch were not aware of this till today. This outage happened at 11:45ish Friday, there should have been Sky engineers on site there and then not three days later!

I have had dozens of customers call to try and book in visits for broadband problems, all Sky customers and all told to call sky and confirm they were part of the outage first.

I do not get paid when this happens and I should not be acting as third line tech support for Sky! To make matters worse I have been reccomending sky to My customers so currently I feel like a bit of an idiot.

Occasional Visitor
Temps

Just emailed Sky awaiting a response.

I have been without a Broadband or Telephone service all weekend (16th and 17th July).

I am on the Cosham Exchange and there was notification of problems on the Service Status on the Sky website. Service Status was updated only once each morning and then again this morning which I feel is inadequate. The message read "Mon 18 Jul 07:25 - Our engineers will be attending the site at 09:00 to conduct repairs. We expect the issue to be resolved shortly after this." Could this of not been the message on the Saturday morning?

I will not know if the issue has been resolved until I get home from work today.

I do not think the frequency of updates to the customer is acceptable.

I would like a more detailed explanation of why the service was out for such an extended period and how I will be compensated.

Visitor
JEFFOAKES

Hi Michael

There's been an outage for nearly three days now, considering the number of people affected, there does not seem to be much updated info?

After this amount of time (assuming there was someone looking into this at the weekend) you or Openreach must have some idea of the resolution time?

I phoned Sky on Saturday and again on Sunday, the same answer both times, 'this should be resolved shortly'

Jeff

Occasional Visitor
Le77uce

I am appalled by this so called customer service from SKY, its just as well really because when my years contract is up i am definatly going back to Virgin, never had any of these problems with them.

Even wrote an official letter of complaint and surprise no reply. I have lost so much this weekend due to fuel and time costs, and not even a simple update.

I feel sorry for the poor guy i spoke to at the call center, but i hate it when they dont listen and start to argue with you cos they want you to unplug your router for 2 mins and then check to make sure your socket is pluggen in properly..lol

SKY your crap, pure and simple, i will not be recomending you to anybody.