Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Regular Visitor
johnsmith17
Accepted Solution

Orchestral (violin) background music on Super Sunday

Hi there. No, I'm not asking about Written in the Stars by Tinie Tempah. I've painstakingly searched the internet and can't find any information about this piece of music. The link below is to a WAV file of the music that I've uploaded on my Google Docs account. Thanks for your help.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B8ptEehveGplSHdZMklHclV6Q0U

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Retired Staff Member
Anne-M

Re: Orchestral (violin) background music on Super Sunday

Hi johnsmith17, 

First of all I would like to welcome you to the community :smileyhappy:

We are unable to access the file you have linked us to on your post. I am not aware of the song that your looking for, however I have sent a few of my colleagues an email to see if they are able to help further. As soon as we hear back, we will let you know. 

Thanks, 

Anne
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Retired Staff Member
Anne-M

Hi johnsmith17, 

We have had some feedback and it’s called “Game Theory” by Tim Bricheno, however it isn’t available commercially. I’d suggest trying to contact Tim directly, he has a Myspace page so if he knew there was a demand he might consider releasing it more generally.

Thanks, 

Anne
Community Coordinator

Regular Visitor
johnsmith17

I have seen this "Game Theory by Tim Bricheno" answer to another question almost similar to mine regarding the orchestral music on Sky Sports Super Sunday. I can almost assure you that this piece of music is NOT by Mr Bricheno.

For a start, the genre of this piece of music is completely different to what Mr Bricheno is involved in. Secondly, this is an ORCHESTRAL piece of music, whereas Mr Bricheno's music is played by the usual 5-piece "rock band". Therefore, I will not contact Mr Bricheno and waste his time, unless you can provide me proof regarding his involvement with music on Sky Sports.

I can only assume (and my assumption may be wrong) that this "Game Theory by Tim Bricheno, however it is not available commercially" response is a general answer given to make us all go away.

There's also clearly no problem with my Google Docs link. Just click on the link, download the 8MB WAV file and listen to it, instead of trying to guess what we are all on about. I'm sure Sky Knowledge Advisors have been given adequate resources to perform this task.

At the moment, the only impression given to me is that the responses on this forum show a lack of concern, and a waste of the fees we are paying.

Retired Staff Member
Anne-M

Hi johnsmith17,

Sorry for the information, I have been given further information and it is actually “Toby" Bricheno, and Game Theory, and it is available to purchase under the artist name “Scorched score music”. This is available on online music retailers. 

Thanks, 

Anne
Community Coordinator

Regular Visitor
johnsmith17

Hi there,

Thanks very much for the information. I am delighted to say that is exactly what I was looking for. I was pretty sure any piece of music used by Sky Sports is popular enough to be available commercially.

Best regards.

Occasional Visitor
Saba6201

Does anyone know this piece of music used during team line ups and short highlight clips on super sunday football it was also used for a promo trailer ENG vs UKR on bbc euro 2012....type 

England vs Ukraine, match promo 

on utube for a sample...

thks...

Retired Staff Member
GarryC

Hi Saba6201,

Welcome to the forum!

From what I can see, the tune used is Escape by Craig Armstrong.  Can you let me know if this is the track?

Thanks,

Occasional Visitor
Saba6201

Hi Garry...

thanks for the info but unfortunatly that is not the track.......did u listen to the link...?

Occasional Visitor
Saba6201

Hi.........has anyone found the track yet....its being played on every super sunday until date at half time...?