Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
aabowen

Orange light on new Sky hub

We have a new Sky hub, well second new one. The Internet smiley face light is flashing orange and then solid orange and keeps doing this.
The old router from Sky works fine when we plug it back in but the new Sky hub will not work.
I have tried this plugged directly into the master socket and still the same orange lights.
What I can't work out is why the old router works fine but the new router doesn't work. Seems too much of a coincidence that both of the new Sky hubs are faulty - doesn't it?
Any ideas?
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
Chris-McP

Re: Orange light on new Sky hub

Hi aabowen,

Thank you for your first post on the Sky Help Forum, welcome to the community!

I understand that you've probably found frustrating, I would too. Can I get you to have a look at these steps and confirm that you've been through all of the relevant one's. They focus on connection and speed issues.

Come back and let me know how you get on.

Chris-McP
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
aabowen

Hi Chris,
Thanks for your reply and the steps to try.
I've had a look through and can confirm I've tried all relevant steps, all to no avail.
Fortunately I work in IT so have tried all the usual tricks, the bit I'm confused about is that the current Sagem Sky router works fine on the master socket and extension wiring yet the new Sky hub does not. I've spent two hours on the phone to Sky over two calls trying to sort it out, being told all line tests come back clean and having a second hub sent out.
Not sure where to go now with this??
Thanks,
Alex
Community Coordinator
Chris-McP

Hi Alex,

I was just about to suggest that perhaps you have a faulty router. So do you have a another Sky Hub on it's way to you?

Chris-McP
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Occasional Visitor
aabowen

I've actually had two Sky hubs now within three weeks. The first was deemed faulty, but this new one is doing exactly the same thing. Neither has actually worked, just taken time to get new ones delivered and tested, etc.
Another call to Sky maybe?
Super User
speedyrite

Not sure if it's still the case, but it took about 45 mins to make the first connection when I swapped to Sky Hub from 2504n on Fibre. Is the internet light flashing while waiting? If so, maybe give it longer to see if it connects before giving up?

"All opinions are my own, other advice may be available and may differ from mine.
I do not work for Sky, I'm just a customer like you!
If my advice has helped you, say thanks by clicking on thumbs up"