Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
dustyatwy

Opening Ports

Hi there

I need to open some ports on my Sky D Link Router and don't know how??!! I've searched the router page but there isn't anywhere obvious to do this. Can someone talk me through please?

Thanks!

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Contributor
DizzyJR

Re: Opening Ports

go to 192.168.0.1 if you have not changed this in router

click security

then firewall

and edit the port forwarding there

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Contributor
Skyinter

If your application uses UPnP there is no need to open any ports so check that first

If you really need to open ports you need to

1. ensure the client gets the same IP address through the LAN set up IP address reservation or alternatively assign a fixed IP address outside the reserved pool

2. Create a service for the ports you want open

3. allocate the services to the IP reserved IP address in the firewall configuration

Computers do a good job at LAN IP address reservations other devices less so 

Occasional Visitor
dustyatwy

Thanks for the replies. It's for Xbox Live and so I need to make sure ports 80 and 3074 are open - can you talk me through where I go on the router page and how to do it?

Many thanks!

Contributor
Skyinter

The LAN setup is in the advanced section, you need to know the MAC address of your XBOX to assign it a defined address

The other options are under security in the Services and Firewall section

Good luck