Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
teaorcoffee
Accepted Solution

Only get movies on Anytime

My Sky Anytime has only movie channels (all HD BTW).  I thought Anytime was supposed to be across the output?

I am not really a movie watcher so I don't subscribe to them. So Anytime has effectively been withdrawn!

B

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Community Coordinator
Robert

Re: Only get movies on Anytime

Hi teaorcoffee, 

Sky Anytime will contain a selection of programmes from various Sky channels and other broadcasters. This content is updated on a daily basis, can you confirm how long you've had this issue and can you tell us what programmes are currently showing in Sky Anytime on your box?

Robert
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Electric+Warrior

I have been having the same problem now for 2-3 weeks at least.

I have the "standard" HD package - no movies, no sports, but everything else....

Today I DISABLED Anytime because it was annoying me so much - WHY should I waste electricity and "wear and tear" when 100% of the programs (movies!!!!!) I can't watch.

The only programs offered in Sky Anytime were movies - different movie channels, but ONLY movies.

Occasional Visitor
Ladyschaefer

Ive been having the same problem. I'm subscribed to the full tv package. I have been getting a wide range of programming on Anytime but over the last week or two there have only been movies available!

Occasional Visitor
Mike1London

Me too, also having the nsame problem and all the movies seem to come as 'last chance'. Very annoying.

Does anyone have a solution?

Super User
caesarome

A planner rebuild might fix it but you might have to wait a day or so for it to re-populate as it is mostly done overnight:

http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/tv/sky-plus-hd/recording/guide-to-performing-a-planner-rebuild/

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Occasional Visitor
DuncanSid

I have had the same as well - which to me indicates this is a generic Sky problem and not the box! I've had no new downloads now for a couple of weeks. I have tried the re-build suggestion. Firstly, my box does not automatically turn back on, but I need to select the 'Sky' button. Mainly, though, I can see no difference. The 'Anytime' selection is just the same.

Occasional Visitor
Lord+Gravesham

[ Edited ]
Copy of email sent to : sky@skymail.sky.com today at 15:54:

Dear Sir/Madam,

On Saturday 28th July 2012 at 16:23, I received a phone call from a gentleman at your office in Cardiff (Removed ) who was carrying out a survey relating to long standing customers and what they thought of Sky.

I said to him, that generally I was happy with all the services and products you provide me with, but that there was one aspect which was, in my view getting much worse, and that is; Anytime.

The reason that I feel Anytime is getting worse, for a standard definition customer like myself, is because the mix of downloads that is occurring, is increasing skewed towards Movies rather than the other categories.

Following the telephone call I checked to see what the position was that afternoon. The results were as follows:

Movies = 33 films
Entertainment = 6 programmes
Documentaries = 1 programme
Sport = 1 programme
Kids = 0
Music = 0

When I checked a couple of day later the situation was even worse:

Movies = 31 films
Entertainment = 1 programme
Documentaries = 1 programme
Sport = 1 programme
Kids = 0
Music = 0

I should say at this stage that I do not have a Movies subscription, as I don't really watch many Movies as I much prefer Sport and what is available via the Entertainment channels. Therefore, to download so many Movies at the expense of the other categories seems very very unfair to me, unless of course, it is a deliberate Marketing ploy to try and convince me to take up the Movies option.

I know that I could move to HD and get Anytime+ which offers more, but not having an HD television, there seems little point in paying another £10 a month when I cannot actually watch programmes in HD and with a monthly Sky subscription currently running at over £60, you have to draw the line somewhere.

As I say, broadly I am happy with Sky, but the increasing tempting offers I get from Virgin Media, do make me wonder whether I might be better off with them, when it comes to having an 'Anytime' type service, that actually provides me with something to watch.

I do hope this email finds it way to someone senior in Sky (the Market Research Department or the Anytime Team - perhaps even both!) who will at least ponder the above, even if no direct action is taken for whatever reason.

Yours most sincerely

(my name and postcode/hse number provided)

Community Coordinator
Anne-M

[ Edited ]

Hi DuncanSid,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

When you complete a planner rebuild on the white Sky+ box or the black Sky+/Sky+HD box, the box will not switch itself back on automatically. This is not a fault with the system.

Can you let me know the following information so we can check to see what may be causing this for you?

• Version Number (for a white Sky+ box please press Services on the remote, followed by number 4 then 5. For a black Sky+/Sky+HD box please press Services on the remote followed by 0 then 3)
  • Model Number (this can be found on the same screen as the version number)
  • Do you turn the box off at the mains when it is not in use

Thanks,

Anne
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.