Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
coppertop

Re: Online Cancellation Option

There definitely should be a downgrade option via the Internet.  I have tried to downgrade my package in the past and you are on the phone in a queue for ages plus they try to talk you out of it or make it difficult for you to down grade a click of a button is less stress.

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Liz+t

Re: Online Cancelation Option

I totally agree. I think it is a deliberate ploy by sky to put you off downgrading. They want to make it as difficult as possible to put you off. They even make it difficult for you to find their phone number! They also have a cheek to charge you for calling them. Sky talk customers should have free calls to their call centre!

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
happycustomer

I cancelled my Sky.  I phoned and said I no longer neede Sky as I was away for while.  Easy peasy, no hard sell from the customer service advisor.  Fantastic

Frequent Contributor
JJG+User

Dear happycustomer

Your experience of the call centre person doing what you asked without any fuss isn't "fantastic", it's what should happen every time a customer calls.

What I'm suggesting is that along with a fantastic phone service Sky should also have a fantastic online service and allow customers to control their accounts online.  Customers can add packages online, they should also be able to remove them.

It's a reasonable request to what is, after all, a communications company.  I've also had good service from the phone staff but I also want to be able to use the website to control my account.

JJG

Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

Hi Liz+t, Sky Talk calls to our contact centres have been free for a while during the packages inclusive minutes. From the 1st of March we made all Sky Talk calls to our contact centres free.

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Occasional Visitor
Angry+of+London

I have spent 15 minutes holding on the telephone when would have been much simpler and quicker to be able to downgrade packages online.

Occasional Visitor
BertW

It's typical of Sky that they make it hard to cancel, but easy to upgrade, one reason I'm leaving them and going to Freesat.

Occasional Visitor
baaldi

I agree there should be a provision to downgrade on the web.

However, I have just phoned the contact centre and downgraded my contract.

from start to finish and no real questions asked why i wanted to downgrade it took 8 mins and 46 seconds.  It was on a Sunday morning too.

You have to give 31 days notice which is frustrating but at least i know in the future the bills will be less.

Good luck to all.

Occasional Visitor
badger1bear

Hello, can you tell me if its possible to cancel the sky tv package but just keep the broadband and telephone service ?

Super User
caesarome

I believe it is possible but don't quote me on it, however you might find you pay more for your broadband and talk services as tv customers get a discount on these services, I think.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Occasional Visitor
vasanthi

I hate sky for not having an option for cancellation online. I tried to  call them and i had to be on the phone for 23 minutes. I wanted to downgrade it, finally i decided to cancel it altogether because of the time i had to spend on the phone. thanks.

Occasional Visitor
andrewg77

Why is cancellation avoidance legal. Why are companies like sky so reluctant to face up to the fact that people may want to leave. We pay them thousands and are greeted with ignorance when our situation changes. It seems that the power does not lay with the customer. I detest this treatment after we pay them thousands of pounds for an overrated overpriced service. 

Occasional Visitor
Brummie+Bob

This is one of the reasons I am closing my account , they will take your money , but when I lost my job and could not afford the £50 per month , as I was under contract they wanted the full payments ,

Occasional Visitor
richfor

Today has been a nightmare trying to cancel my telephone and sky package!!! I was kept waiting trying to contact the cancellations team for close on an hour....in this this time I talked to on line chat to no avail!!  So I sent emails which I hope will be looked at. In my desperation I called back once again to have another go at cancelling through customer service, who after conversation got me through to the cancellations team within minutes to cancel...will not be returning to sky for the re seeable future....hope no one has to go through this bad service 

Occasional Visitor
Willsie

Ahhh, it seems I am not alone with the DISMAL, so called "customer service".  I am currently overseas and trying to cancel with Sky but being left hanging on the phone for seriously long periods of time I have given up before they bankrupt me!  I have emailed, used the online chat thing, etc etc etc and to no avail.  Quite frankly I'm bored of trying to cancel so have instructed my bank not to pay any monies to Sky.  They call it an online service!!  What is online about NOT being able to cancel other than by phone.  They need to get real!