Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Getting There
Simonpieman

On demand wifi connector fail- BT HomeHub3

Hello.
Please sort this out.
I have A BT HH3 as my router. It works well.
I have set up the Sky Wifi Connector as advised.
The connector connects to the router, but on demand FAIL every time.
I have reviewed forum postings.
I have had a live chat with Sky Help; I have tried planner rebuild, reboot to whole system form router off, sky off connector off, to router on, sky on connector on; all to no avail.
Interestingly live chat helper stated a brief had been issued about a known issue here. He advised I contacted BT.
I did.
BT, correctly in my opinion, state it is not a router issue as all other wifi items in the house connect and work well. They cannot provide support to a problem with a third party item- Sky wifi connector!
Sky have tried, but failed to address this issue.
I have altered the DHCP lease times on the router to maximum as I'm aware that the connection lease resets after 24 hours,
Effectively, at the moment, SkY have sold me a £21 plastic box with pretty lights that does nothing. I'd like a solution please, or I will be seeking a refund after returning the item; I'd much rather have a solution though

Regards

Simon
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
caesarome

Re: On demand wifi connector fail- BT HomeHub3

One thing to try is to change the channel your homehub broadcasts on, try changing it to channel 3.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Getting There
Simonpieman

Yes, tried that, connects to router-as before- still FAIL to On demand connection
Explorer
fulham100

I had the same problem BT then changed the security on the router, (talked me through it) I am not techy at all this seemed to help for a while
Community Coordinator
Natasha-B

Hello Simonpieman,

Thanks for getting in touch on the Sky Forum.

Sorry to see that are having problems with your On Demand wireless connector. I know it's frustrating when you purchase a product and it doesn't work. I am here to help see what we can do. I can talk you through all of our On Demand troubleshooting steps, if this does not work you will need to speak with BT. As you have been advised before this is a known issue, we can exhaust all troubleshooting steps and if this does not work you have to contact your current provider.

Can you tell me what wireless connector you have? It will either have a power and Ethernet cable or it will have just a USB cable.

Thanks,

Getting There
Simonpieman

Natasha, 

it is the standard wifi connector you send out, it has a power cable and an ethernet cable connecting it to the sky box.

I have been through all the processes with sky help, online.

I have done a planner rebuild

I have done a full reset - router, skybox and connector

The most i can get is connection of the connector to the router, but no on-demand. - always Fail.

BT have already stated they will not be involved in this, its a SKY issue, given that everything else connects to the router, even the connector links with the router- just on demand FAIL.

The system does not work.

Additionally, the sky box often freezes - not always- and becomes unresponsive when the connector is on  leading to a full reset needed.

I will be returning this product for a refund if this cannot be resolved within the next 14 days.

Simon

Community Coordinator
Rajdeep-D

Hi Simonpieman, 

I'm sorry for the any inconvenience may have caused. May I ask what is your Sky box version number, you can check that by following the below steps:

1. Using your Sky remote, press the Services button
  2. Press the left/right arrow buttons to highlight Settings
  3. Press the left/right arrow buttons to highlight System Details
  4. Make a note of the Version Number.

Thanks, 

Super User
caesarome

Have you tried logging into your homehub and setting the Multiplexing method to LLC BASED ?

You could also follow the information at the bottom of this page.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
I'm New Here
chat+the+rat

Hi,

Just wanted to say, the exact same series of events is happening with my on demand.

Everything from, connecting to the router, sky box freezing and FAIL in the on demand connection box. Its more than frustrating because it used to work fine.

Just thought I'd let you know that you are not alone.

Ps...ive a bt home hub that connects to everything else without a hitch.

Explorer
fulham100

My on demand is excuriatingly slow I have tried everything now, Bt syas it is a sky problem sky say it is BT , EVERYTHING ELSE is super fast at home I have update sky, changed chanel done something with the BT adviser still slow speeds from sky downlaod ondemand. on other forums on the webthis really is a major problem, one person suggested that sky does not release a good enough bandwidth, and it is not sufficeient for the amount of people using ondemand download and not matter how fast your internet is it will not get better until sky does something about it! food for thought Sky?

Getting There
Simonpieman

I'm not sure how that allows me to change to LLC based as in my HH settings I cannot find that option anywhere, under DHCP or LAN
Super User
Annie+UK

You can ignore LLC for a BT HH 😊

Annie.......... Xbox Gamertag: Annie UK  - Titanfall Gen4 -  Sky Help - YouTube channel

Sky customer since 1989 - βeta tester for: WindowsTechPreview, Xbox One, Windows Phone, Sky+HD etc... Hardware: DRX890 to LG 32LV550T, DRX895 to LG 42LV550T, Lumia 1520, Xbox One,, iPad Air 2 (128GB WiFi)

If someone helps you please click the thumbs up icon and/or accept as a solution, in the post options, where appropriate. Thanks.
Getting There
Simonpieman

FYI the information you requested

Model Number-R008.063.74.00P
Version Number-973007
Manufacturer-Samsung
Community Coordinator
Wakas-I

HI Simonpieman,

Thanks for your post. 

Can I ask what troubleshooting steps you have tried to date?

Kind regards,

Getting There
Simonpieman

Can i respectfully request you read the original posting?

I have tried all the steps you would go through - I spent over 90 mins online with sky help, trying to sort out the problem with out resolution.

I have done planner rebuilds, reconnections, full system reboots, altered the wifi channel on the router and nothing- 

I believe - as the online sky employee told me- that BT Homehub has a known conflict which you appear unable to resolve, he said there is a briefing detailing this. 

BT will not involve themselves here as it is not a BT issue. All other wifi items in the house (phones/ipads/laptops/kindles etc all connect easily). The only thing that doesn't is the sky wifi connector!!!

Any useful help is appreciated.