Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Frequent Visitor
john1948
Accepted Solution

On demand says i have to upgrade subscription

Hi

I have sky entertainment with sports. When i try to access the catch up service it lets me go into it but when i select bbc to watch a programme it says to watch this on demand please contact sky to upgrade your subscription. It also does this on itv but not channel 5. I know i cant access the box sets without sky entertainment extra but thought i coul access bbc, itv etc with the package i have. Any ideas what to do.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Senior Member (Bronze)
ocav

Re: On demand says i have to upgrade subscription

That is strange. Have you rebooted your box?

If so try the steps outlined on this page here entitled Planner Rebuild, it wont delete your recordings and should fix this issue.

http://help.sky.com/tv/problems-with-your-sky-tv/problems-with-your-recordings-and-planner

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Contributor
Hecate+123

I often get that message too ..... I have on demand, but not all the time obviously !!!

Valerie
Community Coordinator
Kei+M

Morning all and thanks for helping @john1948 with his On Demand query.

@john1948 I understand you are experiencing an issue whereby you are being asked to upgrade your subscription when trying to access Catch Up. Make sure the service is activated - you can activate this service on your account by visiting your My Sky and on the right you should be able to activate your On Demand services.

I understand you can access Channel 5 Catch Up and If you are getting this message intermittently like @Hecate+123 then there might be an underlying issue. Have either of you had any issues in the past which might be related? For example no satellite signal errors?

Thanks,

Kei M
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Frequent Visitor
john1948

I rebooted my system yesterday and everything seems to be working fine. Many thanks for your help, its so easy when you deal with experts

Frequent Visitor
john1948

I rebooted my system as ocav suggested and all seems to be working fine. Many thanks

Community Coordinator
Kei+M

Thanks for the update @john1948,

Good to see you were able to resolve this with the good ol' reboot.

Keep an eye on it and let us know if you need any assistance.

Thanks, 

Kei M
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.