Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
LauraAlien

On Demand service not working on X Box

Hello,

For the last two or three weeks, Sky Go on my X Box will not let me view anything on demand. Live TV works ok. When I select a programme to watch, it says "Sky has encountered an unexpected problem. EC: OEOF/8000/4005"

I saw your trouble shooting guide, so have tried clearing my cache and reinstalling the app, but it still doesn't work.

Please help - I want to watch Mad Men! 

Thanks!

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
Kat-S

Re: On Demand service not working on X Box

Hi LauraAlien,

I can help you get your Sky Go fixed.

Can I get you to check your My Sky for me first of all and see if you are subscribing to Sky Go or Sky Go extra?

Once I know this I can move things forward for you.

Thanks,

Kat-S
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
LauraAlien

[ Edited ]

Hello Kat,

I think I do subscribe to Sky Go - we have the Sky Entertainment Extra TV pack, and on My Sky it lists Sky Go as one of the package's extras (there is a green tick by Sky Go, so I think that means we subscribe!). No Sky Go Extra, though. 

I've watched Sky through my X Box for a year or two now, and I've always been able to watch On Demand programmes that are included on the TV package (i.e. not movies and sport), until the last few weeks.

Thanks!

Laura 

Community Coordinator
Chris-McP

Hi LauraAlien,

Thanks for getting in touch again, I'll let Kat know that you came back to her. Some have found that this has been resolved by clearing the cache of your console and deleting the app before installing again. To clear your cache simply select XBOX Dashboard>Memory Press Y when the Hard Drive is highlighted and choose Clear Cache

Let me know if this resolves the issue. 

Chris-McP
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.