Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Guyver+54

On Demand is stop/starting, but live streaming is fine.

Hi,

Can anyone help with this problem?

Everything I try to watch On Demand on my laptop stops/starts every other second. I have uninstalled Sliverlight and installed it again. The live streaming works fine. I have seen other people are having the same problem, but none of them have been answered. This only started happening as of last week, I have not done anything different.

If anyone could help, I would be very grateful.

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
ryan+468

Re:On Demand is stop/starting, but live streaming is fine.

[ Edited ]

The exact same problem started occuring for me aswell past week. Live streaming works fine, on demand is choppy playback.

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Community Coordinator
lainys

Re: On Demand is stop/starting, but live streaming is fine.

[ Edited ]

Good Morning Guyver+54.

Thank you for your first post to the community and welcome aboard

I was sorry to read you are having issues with the On Demand service when you are trying to view Sky Go via your laptop.

First of all can you give me the exact error message and also can you let me know what operating system you are using and what browser you are using?

I look forward to your reply.

Lainys
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Community Coordinator
lainys

Re:On Demand is stop/starting, but live streaming is fine.

[ Edited ]

Hello to you as well Ryan+468.

Thank you also for your first post to the community.

Can I ask you the same question as I asked Guyver+54? Can you give me the exact error message and also can you let me know what operating system you are using and what browser you are using? 

Can you also let me know what troubleshooting you have attempted to resolve this issue. 

I look forward to your reply. 

Kind Regards

Lainys
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Visitor
rusty22

Re: Re:On Demand is stop/starting, but live streaming is fine.

HI i'm having the same problem,have you resolved it yet.

Do you think it's a ploy by Sky to get us to subscribe to Skygo Extra

Guyver+54

Hi,

Im not getting an error message. The picture just stops and starts every other second. Its like its jumping. It does that on all the adverts and on anything I am try to watch On Demand. Just tried it again just now.

I am on Windows 7 and using the standard Internet Explorer.

Just seems strange that I can stream live, but cant watch anything On Demand, hope you can help as it is very annoying.

Regards,

Guyver54

Occasional Visitor
ryan+468

[ Edited ]

Hello, There is no error message. Video plays but is too choppy (stop start) to watch. 

Im using windows 7 , Same occurs with both Chrome and IE.

I unistalled Silverlight and reinstalled and still no joy.

Been watching on demad for over 2 Years on this pc setup and never experienced this until past 2 weeks.

Visitor
rusty22

This problem cannot be explained to the Sky team any clearer but they can't seem to give any positive advice.
Contributor
smithr

Plase read post titled

Temporary Workaround/Fix for On Demand Stuttering Playback

Guyver+54

Hi guys,

Follow Smithr's link, it works. Bit of a nightmare, but it works and thats the main thing. Thanks Smithr.