Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Visitor
christine1946

Re: On Demand has Stopped working. Service Connection Fail

Hi

well I left it all alone for 3days and had many frustrated online chats with sky all to no avail trying all the surgested tips by them 

regarding rebooting and resetting wireless connection with red button in network settings.

This morning decided to clean my windows  when I came to the one where all the TV ,Blue Ray, Sky Box Ect is  I had to unplug  all the equipment to get at the window to clean It , turned all back on again and pluged in ethernet cable from my Apple Airport express again( I chose this as I had originally the Sky wireless connector which would not connect at all even the engineer when he installed my Sky could not get it to work) and as if by magic all back again Catch Up with me again. So if any more problems Clean your windows it worked for me. Having tried for half a day trying all the surgestions rebooting SKY box, Router and Wireless Apple express. the answer seems to be walk away leave for a few days clean your windows.

Perhaps the Sky box needed a rest like all of us.

Any way all go again so girls CLEAN your windows!! ha ha ha.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
Andy-F21

I'm delighted to see that the issue appeared to have 'cleaned itself up'...get it? Haha :smileytongue:

It's strange, but not uncommon that unplugging then reconnecting can help resolve the issue.

That being said, keep an eye on the On Demand service and let me know if anything like this happens again, or if you need anything else, and I'll be happy to assist further.

Thanks,

Andy
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Visitor
christine1946

Hi Andy

Thanks! it is amazing that a liitle cleaning can solve a problem all be it not related, so when Sky goes on the blink again what will I do next. paint the room, changed the curtains and just ignore the Sky help chat, (which takes forever) or just unplug and plug in again it worked for me.

All the best Andy I will call again if any further problems.