Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Sammy100

On Demand Wireless Connector + BT Home Hub

As hard as Itry this will not connect. The local connection is ok but service connection FAIL. (yes password is lower case)

Sjy says language on BT Home Hup needs changed from WEP to WPA PSK or vice versa. Bt changed my security settings from WPA and WPA2 to WPA only but no help. Don't know where to go now as BT say they can't help.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
Annie+UK

Re: On Demand Wireless Connector + BT Home Hub

Just as a test try turning the Home Hub Wifi security OFF temporarily and see if it connects then. This will show if the WiFi security is the place the connection is having trouble with.

I find the Home Hub Wifi to be vary dodgy so use an Edimax EW-7416APN attached to the HH for WiFi connectivity, it has better range and a more reliable connection.

Annie.......... Xbox Gamertag: Annie UK  - Titanfall Gen4 -  Sky Help - YouTube channel

Sky customer since 1989 - βeta tester for: WindowsTechPreview, Xbox One, Windows Phone, Sky+HD etc... Hardware: DRX890 to LG 32LV550T, DRX895 to LG 42LV550T, Lumia 1520, Xbox One,, iPad Air 2 (128GB WiFi)

If someone helps you please click the thumbs up icon and/or accept as a solution, in the post options, where appropriate. Thanks.

Anyone running the R010.070.58.06p EPG software is advised to do a manual update ASAP, instructions can be found here (no recordings or settings will be lost).
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Sammy100

No that didn't work either

Super User
Annie+UK

Try this on the HH:

Settings >> Advanced settings >> Broadband >> VPN >> Port Clamping Enable >> Yes

Annie.......... Xbox Gamertag: Annie UK  - Titanfall Gen4 -  Sky Help - YouTube channel

Sky customer since 1989 - βeta tester for: WindowsTechPreview, Xbox One, Windows Phone, Sky+HD etc... Hardware: DRX890 to LG 32LV550T, DRX895 to LG 42LV550T, Lumia 1520, Xbox One,, iPad Air 2 (128GB WiFi)

If someone helps you please click the thumbs up icon and/or accept as a solution, in the post options, where appropriate. Thanks.

Anyone running the R010.070.58.06p EPG software is advised to do a manual update ASAP, instructions can be found here (no recordings or settings will be lost).
Sammy100

No that hasn't worked either. :smileysad:

Super User
Annie+UK

All I can think to try is reset the HH and Wifi connector to factory settings.

Sammy100

I might have to go back to that. Sky did say they were getting a lot of calls and the vast majority were problems with the BT hub

BurningRed

I had the exact same problem,i left it for a few days and the tried again and it worked see my post.

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/On-Demand-Catch-Up-TV/Sky-HD-box-not-connecting-to-BT-broadband-via-ethe...

Sammy100

Thanks for that i will give it a go.

Visitor
jackel-cz

I am having the same problem as everyone else on this forum. I keep getting "service connection fail". I have read through this and other forums and tried the solutions put forward my mods and members but to no avail. I am using a bthome hub 3 on infinity with skys wireless connector.

Sammy100

I sent a complaint in asking for a refund. Someone got back to me quickly and spent another hour going through it again but it still wouldn't work. So they are sending me a new one as they said this one might be faulty but have promised a refund if it still won't connect.

Occasional Visitor
Armo100

I have sky router so no probs for me. My friend has a BT home hub. Its taken a week of trying everything but THIS WORKS. Mega happy whoop whoop
Visitor
bRYSON2013

I have BT Home Hub 3 and am trying to connect via sky wireless connector (arrived today). Managed to get local connection ok and IP but service connection has failed so cannot get the ondemand stuff, I have read all through this article and tried the lot but still not working,any suggestions? 

Sammy100

I should have updated on my situation. Sorry. I was sent a new box and when i connected it I had the same problem of system fail so just gave up in disgust. However, a few hours later - and in a better frame of mind - I went back and tried again and it worked !!!! The sky helpdesk said I obviously had a faulty box originally.

Community Coordinator
Tricia07

[ Edited ]

Hi Sammy100,

Thanks for getting back and letting us know that you have this up and working.

Enjoy the On Demand service and look forward to your future posts:smileyhappy:

Tricia07
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.