Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
NickH69
Accepted Solution

On Demand Fail...(big time!)

Please please help...have spent most of weekend trying to sort this and am on verge of giving up....

I am trying to access/set up On Demand on my Sky+HD Box(Model Number - 4f3120)...only about 4 months old and has sticker still on it saying its On Demand Ready--Just connect to your broadband router(which is talktalk..Huawei HG523a)...but the instructions here say there should be a WPS button on the most recent Sky+HD boxes,but mine doesnt..

Going into settings on my Sky box I see the following:Connection to Broadband Router(FAIL)...Connection to On Demand(FAIL)..IP Address of this Sky box....0.0.0.0 and DHCP on....None of these are changeable...Have even done a hard reset(losing all my recorded stuff) and checked I have the latest software,which I do...,,Maybe Im missing something...getting to end of tether..!!!....Many thanks in advance...Nick..

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
caesarome

Re: On Demand Fail...(big time!)

If it doesn't have a WPS button then it hasn't got build in wireless so how have you got it connected to your router ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
NickH69

Hi..thanks for reply....I havent...seems to be no settings I can change anywhere on the Sky box to even find it....but other things in house work fine on wi-fi....!...am a bit confused...!!

Super User
caesarome

NickH69 wrote:

Hi..thanks for reply....I havent..

Then that is your problem !

Your Sky box needs to be connected to your router/hub, you can use a ethernet cable if they are near each other or this wireless connector from sky that plugs into the back of your sky box:

http://www.sky.com/shop/tv/wireless-connector/

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Occasional Visitor
NickH69

Cheers...I really thought such a recent box would be wi fi enabled.and especially as its got that sticker on it saying ' connect to your broadband router'....guess I'll have to wait to get that free on demand connection box from Sky...!!..thanks again...

Community Coordinator
Andy-F21

Great to see you posting on our Forum regarding your On Demand NickH69, and I'm glad caesarome has been able to help :smileyhappy:

The Sky+HD boxes with the built in WiFi are a very recent addition and weren't released when you got your box 4 months ago.

In terms of On Demand, you can still connect your Sky box to your Router via an Ethernet cable where possible. This will give you a connection to your broadband and unlock the great content that On Demand has to offer.

You'll find more information on how to set up a wired connection here.

I hope this information helps get you connected. If you have any other questions, or need anything else, please feel free to post again and I'll be happy to help.

Thanks,

Andy
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Occasional Visitor
iFinH8L.Pool

[ Edited ]

My sky version is 4f31a6 which is found by pessing SKY button

services button

scroll right to setting

scoll down to picture

scroll right to Details

Hi i had the same problem try this

press sky button

press services button

scroll down to sky+setup

scroll right to customise

page 1 will show mini tv mode etc 

scroll down and turn on enable on demand showcase same as enable on demand downloads & on demand dowload notification turn them all to on leave the rest of the settings as they are.

Then press save settings

press sky button then services

press 0 1 that goes to picture

scroll right to network and your FAIL should now say OK

Hope this works 

Occasional Visitor
RLP70

Thank you

This is the first blog or advice I've read that says you simply need to manually turn on
On Demand Showcase & On Demand Download.

SKY - Why didn't you just put this little tip into the wifi transmitter box???