Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Graduate
Laurence+G7MZH

Old digibox, restricted EPG

Hello,

I have just unearthed my old Pace 2500D Sky box and I'm having some trouble.

It has a very restricted EPG; many channels (even FTA) are missing - all the BBC regions, for example - and the radio services in the 0xxx range. It will only accept entry of 3-figure channels. The missing channels are available via the "Other Channels" function.

I have done a "Software download" (switch on with button held), but to no avail.

Can anything be done?

Thanks.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
Chris-McP

Re: Old digibox, restricted EPG

Hi Laurence+G7MZH,

Thank you for your post.

Can you advise what the version number is for your box?

Kind Regards,
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Graduate
Laurence+G7MZH

Not sure which might be relevant, so here's everything:

Model 1.3Z16

Version 9F0306

OS Version 1.2S4F3

EPG Version 3.2.11

Thanks

Laurence

Graduate
Laurence+G7MZH

Does the lack of response mean I now have a doorstop?

Retired Staff Member
GregorA

Old digibox, restricted EPG

Hi Laurence+G7MZH,

Thanks for your post and apologies for the late reply.

I will make you aware firstly that we cannot offer advise on adding any channels manually to your EPG.

So we can get a better understanding of your issue, can you confirm if you are currently paying for a TV subscription at the moment?

We look forward to your reply.

Regards,
Graduate
Laurence+G7MZH

I am not asking how to add channels to the EPG, I know this cannot be done. I am asking if the box can be made to show the _correct_ EPG. Obviously, a subscription will be no good if half the channels are missing.
Community Coordinator
Kris+McD

Hi Laurence+G7MZH,

Thanks for your posts.

Can you tell me if you have an active Sky or Freesat card in this at all?

Cheers

Graduate
Laurence+G7MZH

I tried an old card in it, no difference. Would a new card be needed for the box to upgrade itself?
Retired Staff Member
GRF4784

Hi Laurence+G7MZH,

Thanks for posting back.

I've asked a few of my colleagues about the issue you're having and have been advised that apart from a Software Download we are unable to offer any troubleshooting for this box, I apologise if this is not what you wanted to read.

Thanks,

Graduate
Laurence+G7MZH

What was involved in the new EPG? Was it new firmware sent over the air, or something more? Can I download it from anywhere? I'm quite happy to try anything, even if there's the risk of turning it into a doorstop (it's already a semi-doorstop, so there's not much to lose!) Thanks.
Retired Staff Member
Fraser-H

Hi Laurence+G7MZH,

Thank you for getting back to us.

As Graeme has said previously, if you have already completed a software download then there is no further support we can provide you with.

There is nowhere to download any software for your box I'm afraid so we cannot advise you further.

Thanks

Graduate
Laurence+G7MZH

You can't even tell me why this problem has occurred? Old design of digibox that isn't compatible with the new EPG? Update only occurs with subscription card installed? Some other fault?
Getting There
volvox1

Just before christmas my older sky box developed the same problems and having gone on to sky live help and having followed their standard user manual script, with no success being told I would need to get their all singing  and dancing HD box for a one off payment of £65 and then get the new more expensive self build package, do I really need to see every single blade of grass in HD????...No, but having read on another forum (http://www.ukfree.tv/helpme.php?faqid=1107051203&PGSTART=100) about accessing the hidden menu I was able to 'fix' the problem, sometimes having to carry out the procedure twice a day, but over christmas I didn't get the problem at all....Now with the new year the problem is back!

Call me a conspriacy theorist, if you like, but the fact that Sky have to activate the card by sending a signal could suggest that they have the ability to 'switch' off the reception at will if they feel that users of older equipment should be forced to get a new box at extra cost and then have to but new packages.........

Graduate
Laurence+G7MZH

Thanks Volvo,

It seems Sky have lost interest in this one, but the nice people at Digital Spy have given me the answer.

EPG updates are sent over the air, but different boxes need different data to be sent, and the older the box the less frequently this is done - up to several months apart - until eventually it falls off the system altogether (or no-one has ever waited long enough).

As far as I am aware, Sky can only disable reception of the subscription channels, anything Free-to-Air will remain available.

Unfortunately, I've only got one feed and can't be without the satellite for that length of time - it's my main source of Radio 4 LW and 4Extra, as well as feeding the recorder.

Would be nice if someone from Sky could respond to confirm (or correct) the above, but I think this thread has gone off their radar.

rgds
LAurence