Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference. Learn more about this message
Getting There
essmbee40
Accepted Solution

Old Sky digibox to new Sky+ Hd box

Hi all,

Was just enquiring, I have an old digibox in daily use (event hough the remote is broken) but was given a new Sky+HD box which was never used (which has a nice new shiny remote).  I connected up the new Hd box and put in my card from my old box but as I thought, the card was unauthorised for the HD box.  How do I go about getting my card changed to work with the new box, I don't want to subscribe to any HD channels as its an extra cost I don't want to incur at the moment and also I don't want to ring sky as I only have a mobile phone and through past experiences it could cost me up to €15 for one phone call.

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
El Capo
PaulEK

Re: Old Sky digibox to new Sky+ Hd box

How did you get the Sky HD box? You would need to get your viewing card paired to your new HD box but there is the issue that the box should be on the telephone line for the first 12 months.

go to http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/contact-us/index.html

click on tv

click on viewing card

click on the email us link towards the bottom right.

Used to work for Sky and BT ADSL tech support but please don't hate me for it :smileywink:
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.