Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Explorer
AMars69
Accepted Solution

Not all buttons work on sky+ remote for new tv

I have used loads of codes for our new tv, Samsung LE40D503F7WXXU LCD Full HD with freeview:-

everytime I try to switch on (or off) sky by pressing sky button first, tv freeview changes channel to 006 or 060 and sometimes cannot switch sky on or off because of this, once sky is actually on, volume button, channel button, teletext, help (for subtitles) and channel numbers work but tv guide, box office, interactive and services button do not work which mean I cannot record sky programmes or do series link - I'm using 2 scart leads into one scart extension at the moment as don't know which hdmi cable to use with new tv yet but I don't think that's got anything to do with the remote. Please help as there's a few programmes I have recorded I need to watch and a few series I need to record.

Ann x
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
caesarome

Re: Not all buttons work on sky+ remote for new tv

It sounds as though the code you have used for the sky remote is wrong.

Have you tried Sky's remote control code finder here:

http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/tv/remote-controls/operate-tv-with-sky-remote/

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
kato

I think you need to get that HDMI lead sorted first.You don't need to spend to much on buying one.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=sky+hd+hdmi+cable&tag=yahhyd-21&index=aps&hvadid=7698743...

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have been helped by someone please click on the thumbs up icon to give them Likes.
Explorer
AMars69

Have been online and used loads of codes sky said to use, sky comes on properly when I press the sky button when tv is on standby, however tv guide, interactive, box office and services buttons still do not work - when pressed tv turns to freeview and goes to either channel 6 or 60?! then when I press sky button to return to sky it also goes to freeview channel 6 or 60! having to turn tv and sky off then press sky button again to use sky - only way I can go onto tv guide is if I press the tv guide on the sky+ box itself! Thank god that there's a tv guide button on the box

Did anyone else have the same problem by using scart lead and not hdmi cable? I really don't want to keep having to press the tv guide button on the box every time I want to watch what I have recorded or wanting to record a programme and set it to series link :womanfrustrated:

Can sky personnel please help me - 0646 which is supposed to be a brilliant code for Samsung tv's obviously does not work properly - sky+ is 4yrs old and Samsung tv is 1 day old!!!

Thank you everyone for trying to help me anyway x

Ann x
Explorer
AMars69

Right, ALL buttons now work on my sky+ remote after entering 3 digit code from a satellite website (NOT SKY!) HOWEVER cannot use buttons for the TV - who cares as long as I can use all the buttons on my sky remote for the tv I'm happy as if I need to use freeview that's what the tv remote is for, so now happy, happy, happy :womanvery-happy:

Ann x
Super User
caesarome

To use your remote to operate your tv press the "tv" button on the remote first and then to use it to control the sky box press the "sky" button. You need to tell the remote what you want it to operate and you do this by pressing either the tv button or the big sky one.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Explorer
AMars69

when I put in the 4 digit code, sky remote will operate tv when pressing tv button and sky when pressing sky button BUT not all buttons on sky remote works when I do that (TV guide etc) however when I put in the 3 digit code ALL sky buttons work but pressing tv to do the tv channels (freeview) nothing happens, so rather use tv remote for freeview and sky remote for sky as it's sky programmes we watch anyway x thanks x

Ann x
Explorer
AMars69

well spoke to soon, volume doesn't work on sky remote - as far as I know only that doesn't work, better try another 3 digit code then :womanfrustrated:

Ann x
Retired Staff Member
Anne-M

Hi AMars69, 

Can you confirm what version of sky remote control do you have? This can be found inside the battery compartment and will look something like Sky.rev6.

Once we have this information we will be able to advise further, as depending on what version you have will depend on if you should be using a 3 or a 4 digit code. 

Thanks, 

Anne
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Explorer
AMars69

Hi Anne-M, remote control is rev 8, every 3 digit I use the tv button and volume button don't work but sky works even though everytime i press tv guide etc or switch it on/off the remote light blinks twice before anything happens and everytime I input a 4 digit the sky button turns also for tv and freeview changes to 006 or 060 then I can put sky on/off and tv guide, interactive etc doesn't work - when I press them it changes to freeview same channel no's as above.

The numbers I have used are:

4 digits - 0060; 0646; 0730; 0019; 0030; 0056; 0178 and 0032

3 digits - 065; 584; 037; 245; 476; 398; 516; 292; 318 and 088

the remote control label for sky+ is: URC 1650-01 R00 3RD32PE-1092 Sky+ rev.8

would be nice to find a code that when tv is pressed on sky+ remote all tv buttons work and when sky is pressed all sky buttons work

thank you

Ann

Ann x
Retired Staff Member
GregorA

Hi AMars69,

Welcome to the Sky Forum!

Can you try the following codes for me please 0206, 1277, 1263, 0710, 0840, 1340, 0794 or 0842. Hopefully one of these resolves the issues you are having.

Keep us updated.

Regards.

Explorer
AMars69

Hi GregorA

I tried the numbers but having the same problem - the one's starting with 0 works like a 3 digit number. The way i do it if it helps is:- Cover end of remote with hand and press TV button, remove hand, hold select and red button til light on remote blinks twice, enter code, press select, cover end of remote with hand and press sky button.

Ann x
Retired Staff Member
Anne-M

Hi AMars69, 

Could I ask you to try the code 646 for me? I have a Samsung TV with a version8 remote at home and this is the code I have been using without any problems. The way you are programming the remote control is OK. 

Thanks, 

Anne
Community Coordinator

Explorer
AMars69

Hi Anne-M, sorry didn't work, 646 works the same as a 4 digit code, are you using scart lead or hdmi as there's only 1 scart connection in back of tv have dvd and sky+ plugged into scart adapter which is then plugged into the scart connection on tv.

Thanks for trying to help x

Ann

Ann x
Retired Staff Member
Anne-M

Hi AMars69, 

I am connected directly with an HDMI cable from my box to TV (this is so I can get HD and 3D pictures from the system). We do not have a direct match for your TV. I am going to send on the 4 digit procedure to see if this works for you:

• Press TV then let it go.
  • Press and hold down select and red together until red light at top of remote flashes twice.
  • Press TV again on remote.
  • Enter 4 digit code (Samsung is 0060) using number keypad. Red light will flash twice after last number is pressed. (if valid)
  • If LED displays only once, re-check code for brand of TV and start process again at step 1.
  • Press standby
  • If TV switches off, press select to store code. LED on the remote control will flash twice.
  • If TV does not switch off, press TV then press standby button.
    Repeat this (press TV then standby) until your TV turns off, then press select to store the correct code.
  • Press standby to switch TV back on.
  • Point remote at TV and press vol + or vol -.
    If volume control works, try other TV functions to check remote is working properly.
  • If not working try steps above again. If given more than one code, try using other codes.
  • Press Sky to return to normal viewing. 

Can you let me know how you get on?

Thanks, 

Anne
Community Coordinator