Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Regular Visitor
TJG22

Not a very good experience so far...

Ok,

I have just moved into a brand new flat, I ordered the full sky package (Sky, Talk and Broadband) and the Sky installation was no issue whatsoever.

The engineer was confirmed for 23rd March and then I receive a text telling me it is not required (it is by the way!)

However, after waiting for my 3rd router to be delivered (having had the other two sent back by the postman as I happen to be a work during the day - how dare I) I set it up and surprise surprise, nothing!

There is an active phone line in the flat but this is in the cupboard, what Sky didn't know was that the cabling for the telephone sockets are not connected so there is no signal anywhere!

Surely they should come and rectify this?

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator
D.C

Re: Not a very good experience so far...

Hi TJG22,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forum.

I am sorry to hear that you are unable to use the phone or broadband service in your property. Can you confirm where your master socket is and if this is the connection which you were referring to.

If it is, are you able to connect your telephone directly to the test socket?

Here is a link if you require assistance, hope this helps.

Regards

David.C
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Regular Visitor
TJG22

The phone socket is in the cupboard - there are 3 telephone points in the apartment and 3 wires hanging down below the phone socket in the cupboard which I assume relates to the 3 points.

The line is active but as the points are not, I don't see how sky have fulfilled their obligation to provide a broadband service. Please advise.
Community Coordinator Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator
D.C

Hi TJG22,

Thanks for getting back to us,

How did you get on with checking your connection into the master socket? This should give us a better understanding into where the problem is coming from

Regards

David.C
Community Coordinator

Regular Visitor
TJG22

I'm not at my apartment, I needed somewhere with broadband to work on a project - besides, I have nothing to plug in - i'm not buying a landline phone to plug in once and there is no power in the cupboard so the router won't work.

I'm not stupid, the line was activated a week ago and if you had sent someone out at the time you would see that the point cables from the living area and bedroom need connecting to the line in order to work. The agent even confirmed this to me when I bought the apartment so the issue is that, you activated the line without checking the rest of the set up as you cancelled the engineer appointment.

So sky need to do what they initially promised to do and provide me with a broadband service.
Regular Visitor
TJG22

12 hours since the last response, the replies so far simply follow a script and not actually deal with the issue at hand. Therefore I have made a formal complaint.

See Acknowledgement KMM12438668I15977L0KM.

Regular Visitor
TJG22

Update - I went to my flat today and plugged the router into the master socket and powered it on - and it worked. Therefore my argument is still valid, the telephone points in the flat need connecting to the master socket in the cupboard.

If Sky had sent an engineer to my property, they would have realised this. As a consequence, Sky have not fulfilled their obligations to provide me with a broadband service (which I have been paying for).

Please can you respond with proposals on how to remedy your default.

Retired Staff Member
GRF4784

Hi TJG22,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Can I get you to confirm that you are receiving Sky broadband from the Master socket in your home?

Please come back and let us know.

Many Thanks,

Regular Visitor
TJG22

Thank you for the response.

As I said previously, yes the broadband connection works from the master socket, however this is completely pointless as the socket is in a cupboard - I needed an engineer to connect the telephone points to the master socket.

Thanks

Community Coordinator
Shelz

Hi TJG22,

Thank you for replying to us again.

I am sorry that you feel as if we are not giving you the service that you signed up for, however we are not held responsible for where your master socket is located in your property I regret to inform you. Our contractual obligations are to provide you with a service from your main line entering your property, which you have confirmed is working.

I can certainly understand that you would like to have the extension sockets fixed which will allow you to connect the router outside of the cupboard, this would need to be discussed with your landlord if you are renting as any work that would be need to be carried out would be down to either BT Openreach or an independent engineer. Sky unfortunately will not touch these for you.

I hope that you understand our position in this. Please let us know if you do decide to have someone look at this for you.

Many thanks,

Shelz
Community Coordinator