Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
theglen
Accepted Solution

No signal on HD Box

Hi

I came back of holiday to find my HD box not working. I also have another sky box (not HD) that is working in my bedroom fine. The cables look OK to the HD box But there is no listings and I can't even view my recordings. Is this a known box fault or LNB problem? There are no bars in the signal test.

Thanks

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Senior Member (Platinum)
Kenneth+M

Re: No signal on HD Box

[ Edited ]

Reboot the Sky+HD box at the mains first.  If still no signal, try the Troubleshooting steps.

If still no joy, why not swap boxes and see if the fault remains with the box when you try it in the other room?  Or bring the bedroom box into the livingroom (?) and connect it up there.   That way you will be able to ascertain if it's the box or your cabling/connection to the dish that's at fault.

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
theglen

Thanks

Was not sure if the HD box would work on a standard connection. Must be a broken cable somewhere.

Occasional Visitor
StyngerSmash

Had this problem the past few days. Found out that I was the only one having this problem in our block of flats, so clearly it wasn't the communal dish. 

Read around the forum and did the following: 

1) http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-HD/quot-Your-Sky-HD-box-is-initialising-Please-Wait-quot/td-p/286037

(Read the 22/1/2012 post by Kato "Super User" re the forced download of firmware)

2) http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/tv/sky-hd/picture-problems/problems-with-your-tv-picture/index.html

(Read #7 - LNB Reset; follow directions)

And now my HD Box is working again. No more "No Signal" message. 

Btw, I only have one cable lead from the wall, but I chose not to turn on Single Feed Mode and it seems to work fine. 

Hope this helps!

Staff (Retired)
batweb79

Hi StyngerSmash,

Thank you for sharing your experience with out communtiy and as this is your first post allow me to welcome you also.

Thanks,

Barry
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.