Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Frequent Visitor
rachy1987

No signal error 25,30

[ Edited ]

For the last 2 days I have had nothing but no signal is being received 25 and 30 so yes that means no sky being watched for the days in question.This affects all channels (refuse to pay for the HD channels after the first year ordeal that me and my partner had with sky about this which we was told we would be given them for free for the 12 months but infact we was charged and could not cancel this) no matter the weather. There is nothing blocking/interrupting the signal and the dish has not moved.

Now I used the online help (for what good it did) and was assured by the person on the other end that doing the 0,1 select method would 100% fix my issue of getting no signal and my recordings failing to record which lasted the whole of 10 minutes after I had finished the process. Now that happened on the 13th today is the 14th and I have had it I phone sky and was told to do the same thing after I told them I had already done it with no success. I was also told to do the back up button method which did not fix the issue either they then tried to charge me £65 to send an engineer out because my amstrad sky+HD box is out of warranty to fix this issue. I then contested this and surprise surprise they lowered it to £15 after speaking to the floor manager at what ever call centre I was put through. After I told them to go put this figure where the sun does not shine as this is a problem with these kinds of boxes (from what I have read on here) for some person to come out in 2+ days time to 'fix' my box or charge me for a new one.

I can watch my old recordings fine but I can not watch what I am paying for and as there is only digital TV now due tot he switch over I am stuck watching a blue screen or films that I have on DVD. With having 2 children under the age of 3 and having the good old British weather is not the best thing in the world so not having the odd children's

Channel or even children's dvd's (since they do not sit there long enough to watch a full length dvd) is totally outlandish.

So does anyone have any ideas on what I can do to fix this without handing more money to the company for something I have not been able to watch.

Also waiting for the CEO to reply to my Email at the disgusting fee's to cancel my subscription and the engineer's fee's.

Short of this getting fixed within the next 48 hours I will be moving my custom to Virgin which so far I have a quote for the same type of package as I am getting now on Sky but for less and that includes HD channels aswel.

Edit:

I now can not do a system rebuild using the 0,1 select method as I can not gain access to that menu. I have signal showing in the settings section showing half a bar on input 1 signal strengh and signal Quality but nothing in the input 2 sections.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
Mark39

Re: No signal error 25,30

What is the make/model of your Sky box (on the rear panel)? Do you have your own dish, or are you on a communal system? Are there two cables from the dish, or one?

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Frequent Visitor
rachy1987

Amstrad DRX 890, Own dish and 1 cable from the dish that splits into 2 to go in my box.

Senior Member (Platinum)
Kenneth+M

rachy1987 wrote:

and 1 cable from the dish that splits into 2 to go in my box.

How is it "split into 2"?   With what?  I hope you're not trying to split a Sky signal with some kind of ordinary splitter.

Super User
Mark39

I suspect the OP means it's a shotgun cable which divides into two for the box connections - but we'll see.

Rachy - if that's right, try the following simple checks first:

Switch off at the mains

Disconnect both dish cables

Check the one that was in dish input 2 very carefully: is the centre wire still there, and straight? Are there any stray strands from the outer braid that could touch the centre wire (a single strand would be enough to short the cable so look carefully)? Is the f-connector firmly fitted to the cable? If in any doubt re-make the connection. Are there any signs of corrosion (brown, grey, black powder) on either the cable of the input socket?

If everything looks ok, swap the cables so that cable 2 now goes into dish input 1 and  vice versa.

Switch on, re-check the signal levels and let us know how you get on.

Frequent Visitor
rachy1987

yes thats what I ment Mark.

Done that already the copper middle bit of the wire on both is straight not touching anything it should not be touching and it not broken.There is no sign of any corrosion either.

f-connector?

I have switched the wires around and I am still getting both 25 and 30 again. Any other idea's?

Senior Member (Platinum)
Kenneth+M

Try the Troubleshooting tips.

Also, make sure the box is not in Single Feed Mode.

Frequent Visitor
rachy1987

[ Edited ]

No offence intended but did you miss this part of my first post?

Now I used the online help (for what good it did) and was assured by the person on the other end that doing the 0,1 select method would 100% fix my issue of getting no signal and my recordings failing to record which lasted the whole of 10 minutes after I had finished the process. Now that happened on the 13th today is the 14th and I have had it I phone sky and was told to do the same thing after I told them I had already done it with no success. I was also told to do the back up button method which did not fix the issue

I have done all methods to try and fix this issue. I used the onlien help and over the phone also it is not in single feed mode either.

Senior Member (Platinum)
Kenneth+M

rachy1987 wrote:

No offence intended but did you miss this part of my first post?

Online Help covers a variety of procedures, of which Troubleshooting and Single Feed Mode are two.  You did not specify that you had done these two in particular, hence my suggestion.  We have to be sure everything is covered.

You may have loose connections at the LNB, the LNB is faulty,  the LNB skew or focus has shifted,  or the dish is slightly misaligned.  These may need checking.

In the digibox itself, either one or both tuners, or the 22KHz Command Tone, or the 13/18v polarity switching pulse itself is faulty.  In all of these cases, the box will have to be replaced.

If possible, check the cable run and see if there is any chafing.  If water gets into the cable, your signal will be affected.

Super User
Mark39

What may also help is if you tell us what happened after you swapped the dish cables. Did the 'no signal' move from dish input 2 to dish input 1? Or did you lose both signals? Or did it stay the same, i.e. no input on dish input 2?

Frequent Visitor
rachy1987

It stayed the same. No signal on input 2 and even with half a bar on each of input 1 i still get no signal being received with the same codes as before.

Super User
Mark39

That does point towards a box problem along the lines that Kenneth highlighted, and the box will need replacing. For the reduced £15 callout fee you've negotiated with Sky, they'll do whatever is necessary to get you working again - that includes a replacement box with 3 months warranty at no extra cost.

Frequent Visitor
rachy1987

Just had a very lovely young lady on the phone. I am getting my engineer out on tuesday for free and the box will be covered then for a further 3 months. Also getting the  HD Pack for half price with the remaining cost credited back to my account. So if all goes well I should be up and watching CBeeBies around lunch time tuesday. Who said you get nothing if you complain.

Occasional Visitor
Claire+Bevan

I have had nosignal messages twice in the last few days. I'm a pensioner and enjoy watching TV most of the day.  What can I do about the nosignal?