Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Visitor
benno7777

'No satellite signal is being received 25'

I'm having a problem ( since 9th Feb) with channels not working with the above message, BBC1, 2, ITV, skysports 4 and Sky Sports News among others all 'No Satellite signal is being received 25'. ITV1 HD and Channel 4 Hd are ok as with many others but have lost at least half of my channels - pretty wierd.

Been through all the trouble shooting over the phone including SW upgrade. Have got an engineer coming on Thurs 15th

for £40 (complaining got me £25 discount).

Anybody got this fixed without an engineer visit? Sounds like a faulty box looking at other threads or possibly the dish not picking up the signal as the satellite goes by.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Retired Staff Member
GarryC

Re: 'No satellite signal is being received 25'

Hi benno7777,

If you have run through all the troubleshooting for 'No Satellite Signal' with one of our technical agents, then it would seem this is an issue with either a faulty box, or setup.  Both of which the engineer can repair / replace when he comes out.

Let us know how the service visit goes.

Thanks,

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Visitor
benno7777

More channels have now disappeared.........frustrating!!

Was hoping for a free fix but engineer appears to be the only way forward.:smileysad:

Super User
Mark39

What is the make/model of your Sky box?

Regular Visitor
cmase20

I'm having the exact same issue. I pay an extra £25 for the skySports package and only Sky Sports 2 is working! I also pay for entertainment extra and most of them don't bloody work either! I only had it installed 3 weeks ago and will leave pretty soon already as this is ridiculous. Why should i have to pay for an engineer to come and sor tthis out, it's Sky's service/product that is the problem so why i should i be even more out of pocket?!

Regular Visitor
cmase20

Done all of the troubleshoot guides and Still no Sky sports 1. Why would 2, 3, 4 and News (finally) work but not Sky Sports 1??

Super User
Mark39

cmase20 wrote:

I only had it installed 3 weeks ago and will leave pretty soon already as this is ridiculous. Why should i have to pay for an engineer to come and sor tthis out, it's Sky's service/product that is the problem so why i should i be even more out of pocket?!

If it was installed only three weeks ago, it should still be under warranty and won't cost you anything. The installer should have left you his contact details in case there is a problem within the first 30 days. Get him/her back to sort it out.

Regular Visitor
cmase20

Fair do's, i'll ask the misses what she did with the details!

Does seem strange that Sky Sports 2 works completely fine at all times but 1, 3, 4 and News are having issues. Surely they are all supplied by the same place?

Occasional Visitor
Scooterbid

Hiya, I'm getting the same problem and I'm getting frustrated as well!

It's been like this on and off for weeks. If I'm honest it's been since an engineer came out a few weeks ago after the high winds we had in Scotland.

Have had nothing but trouble and strife with Sky and am loathed to take even more time off work to get an engineer to look at it- feel as if I'm well and truly over a barrel here! :womansad:

Regular Visitor
cmase20

I now have an engineer coming on Sunday afternoon. Bit annoyed that my system has only lasted 3 weeks though!

Occasional Visitor
Docneph

Same problem started 24th feb, is this a sky scam on those with no extended warranty to pay to get engineer out and then pay for a new box later?
Super User
caesarome

Have you worked through these:

http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/tv/sky-plus-hd/error-messages/no-satellite-signal/

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Regular Visitor
cmase20

[ Edited ]

Just to add to my engineer visit:

- Engineer came out and tried all of the things online (which i had already done to no avail). This did not fix the problem.

- He then said he would try to check the dish. Turns out he couldn't due to health and safety because of the position of the dish. Even though Sky are the ones who put the dish where it is in the first place!!

So i'm now paying £50-odd pound a month for a TV service that i can't use! We get more channels if we switch to our FREEview than we do if we try and use Sky. It is an absolute load of <Removed>. We can't even get channels 1 to 5 on Sky but we can on freeview. The only package we don't pay for is movies. We should get several hundred channels but only actually get 14 and it's an absolute disgrace! What's even more annoying is that for the first 2 weeks we had perfect signal on every channel. Then one morning you wake up and it's gone. It's like Sky just turned off the switch to piss me off. Why would it be fine for two weeks and then vanish?

Oh, and to top it all off, the engineers solution?: 'You'll have to pay for a private guy to come out to look at the dish'

Great. Fantastic. Thanks Sky you useless bunch of <Removed> I bet i can't even cancel my contract now either. Money grabbing %$£%$£%$TJREFSRJE GRRRRRRR!!!

On a side note, internet and phone line is fine

Retired Staff Member
GarryC

Hi cmase20,

I have replied to your other post which can be found here.

Thanks,

Regular Visitor
cmase20

So yeah. Given up with any help from Sky now and arranged for a private bloke to come out and rpelace my LNB and sort some of the cabling out for the tidy sum of £200.

Had 3 engineers come out from Sky and not one of them has sorted the issue.

Useless.