Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Getting There
rupert49

No record, no pause live TV, no rewind or fast forward etc.

[ Edited ]

I have just been offered a good package to return to sky after quite a time without I accepted the deal.

I plugged the HD+ box back in and have done everything Sky can suggest over the phone but still no record/pause/rewind etc.

Last night I phoned again and this time they told me of an insurance I can take out monthly and they will send an engineer out to fix the box or replace !!! Or a one off payment £65 !!!

If I subscribe to Sky then surely they should make sure I am up and running with everything working? Am I the only one that thinks that way?

Also I can't get Anytime.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Staff
John-B

Re: No record, no pause live TV, no rewind or fast forward etc.

Hi rupert49

Welcome to the Forum and thanks for making your first post.

When you try and record/pause/rewind do you get an on-screen error message?

Thanks

John-B
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Getting There
Matt.Harvey

I've got the same problem. I've spoke to Sky about it four times now. I've done Planner Rebuilds, full System Resets and Software downloads and I still get the same message "Sky + Recording and Playback are not avalible please call the broadcaster for assistance" Something like that anyway. I've got no Anytime avalible, I only got the package installed Sunday, not a great start.

Can anyone offer some advise Sky haven't?

Super User
Mark39

Sounds to me like an issue with your Sky account or viewing card, rather than your Sky box. I'm afraid it's a call to Sky to resolve: help them out by telling them the '+' features aren't working, and can they check they're enabled on your account. If they are, ask them to re-send the enabling signal to your Sky box.

Getting There
Matt.Harvey

Tried that Mark.

I've told them all four times I've been on the phone that my + features aren't working. They ensure me that my account is set up with Sky + enabled and they've done everything technicall they can.

Anything else you can suggest?

Getting There
Matt.Harvey

Rang Sky again last night following Mark's advise. I asked them to resend the signal's which has fixed the problem. Thanks for the help.

Super User
Mark39

Glad you've got it sorted. Sometimes it helps just to make it easy for Sky....

Getting There
rupert49

Spoke to a really nice bloke at SKY on Tuesday 10th April and the problems were fixed in no time !!!!    Why couldn't the other people I spoke to at SKY have done the same things (can't remember his name) what he did?

All is fixed and all is well at the moment.  Thank goodness, it was driving the wife mad. lol.