Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Community Coordinator
LauraMac

Re: No dial tone or inward calls

Hi Patboat,

As you have tried all the troubleshooting, we need to look into this further, in order to do this I have sent you a Private Message.  

Thanks

LauraMac
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
LauraMac

Hi charl101,

Thank you for taking the time to post,

You were correct to try another phone as a faulty phone can cause this issue, can you please advise if you have tried these tips? If so do you have a socket type one in your property?  

LauraMac
Community Coordinator

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Visitor
charl101

Yes, I have tried all the tips on your website and tested the main socket.

Community Coordinator
LauraMac

Hi charl101,

Thanks for the reply does you main socket have a test socket behind it, which is shown in my tips link?

LauraMac
Community Coordinator

Visitor
charl101

Hi

yes the main socket has a test socket behind it.

Visitor
asdean

I have dial tone but no incoming calls, phone sometimes rings once, I have tried two other phones with the same results,I have carried out all the help tips to no avail, my phone socket is a standard BT one without the test socket inside, I have broadband . As I am disabled this needs to be sorted asap, this has been going on for sometime now, I take it I am still getting charged for this phone service.

Visitor
charl101

I put a complaint in yesterday and sky rang me today, after spending the week with no phone and endless attempts to get the phone sorted. Sky have Saud they will only reimburse line rental from today until the problem is fixed, and won't back date it for last week, as they are only classing the problem to be logged today. I think this is completely unacceptable as all my attempts to contact sky before putting in the complaint failed.
Community Coordinator
Robert

Hi charl101, 

I understand your frustration at this issue, thanks for letting us know that it has been raised. Our contact centre advisors are unable to see your posts on the forum and the failed attempts to raise the fault however we have your posts on the forum.

Please let us know when the fault has been fixed and we'll try to help with the credit for loss of service.

Thanks,

Robert
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
badsky

this keeps happening since i switched to sky, never had any problems with bt. have had loads of problems with sky, overcharging, bad service, the so called customer services do not seem to care, they eventually call or contact you and are obviously reading from a script, i am getting rather annoyed at paying for a service that i am not getting, i am sure that if it was a problem with my payment they would contact me pretty quick

Retired Staff Member
GarryC

Hi badsky,

It is not good to see you are having regular service issues and unhappy with the customer service you are receiving.

So we can try help you further, can you give us a little more information as to what the particular issues you are receiving are?

Thanks,

Occasional Visitor
Sam+Asamoah

Re: No dial tone or inward calls on my landline Removed

[ Edited ]

Retired Staff Member
GregorA

Re: No dial tone or inward calls on my landline Removed

Hi Sam+Asamoah,

Welcome to the Sky Help Forum!

Can you confirm exactly what has brought you to the Forum today?

We look forward to your reply.

Regards.

Regular Visitor
ELSIELILLIAN

Hi

I too cannot get a dialing tone or make calls. I've tried unplugging everything and pluging in an ordinary phone,but still no joy! Sky say it's not a problem withethe exchange so must be my phone.I really don't know what to do ask Sky have read out their "mandatory" statement and if BT step over my door step I will have to sell one of my babies to pay for it!

Any one else had this problem?

regards

Community Coordinator
chelsea12

Hi ELSIELILLIAN

Great to hear from you on the Sky Forum 

Its unfortunate to hear that your telephone line is not working.

What was the outcome of the call you had with the talk team, was the fault in your home or outside?

Thanks     

Jane
Community Coordinator

Regular Visitor
ELSIELILLIAN

chelsea12 wrote:

Hi ELSIELILLIAN

Great to hear from you on the Sky Forum 

Its unfortunate to hear that your telephone line is not working.

What was the outcome of the call you had with the talk team, was the fault in your home or outside?

Thanks     I really don't know! they say open reach could not access my home,but this is simply untrue as I do not even have a garden gat.

regards