Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference. Learn more about this message
I'm New Here
Iansound

No analogue tuner on 2nd TV so how do I use RF2?

Hi, I have just bought a replacement second TV for the kitchen to be connected via the HD Box 2nd RF outlet but the new TV doesn't have an analogue tuner being Freeview only! So how do I get the Sky signal to the TV in the kitchen? Is there an upgrade for the digibox to output a digital signal from the 2nd RF output?

If not do Sky plan to change all the HD boxes to accomodate this feature?

Many thanks,

Ian

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Super User
Mark39

Re: No analogue tuner on 2nd TV so how do I use RF2?

[ Edited ]

Iansound wrote:

Hi, I have just bought a replacement second TV for the kitchen to be connected via the HD Box 2nd RF outlet but the new TV doesn't have an analogue tuner being Freeview only! So how do I get the Sky signal to the TV in the kitchen?

You won't be able to use the RF output. Other options include a long HDMI cable connected to your Sky box via a (compatible) HDMI splitter, or a wireless video sender (£30-£50) which will give you a better picture than RF and stereo sound. Some also provide IR passback so you won't need a magic eye. They are, however, prone to interference, so make sure you can get your money back if you invest in one.

Is there an upgrade for the digibox to output a digital signal from the 2nd RF output?

Unfortunately not.

If not do Sky plan to change all the HD boxes to accomodate this feature?

Unlikely. Analogue RF modulators cost peanuts. Digital modulators are VERY expensive at the moment. More likely Sky will drop RF outputs completely, as they have with the DRX595.

Many thanks,

Ian

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
El Capo
Kenneth+M

Super User
Mark39

Thanks, Kenneth, wasn't aware of these, though I know of the reverse - SCART to RF.