Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference. Learn more about this message
Staff
Malcolm-M

Re: No Satellite signal on certain channels - We've not got any snow here - Am I the only one?

Hi JSP, it's worth checking you have tried the troubleshooting on our help centre. If this does not resolve the issue then a service call may be required.

Malcolm-M
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
I'm New Here
EDR

Re: No Satellite signal on certain channels - We've not got any snow here - Am I the only one?

[ Edited ]

When are sky going to treat there customers with some degree of service,I have had various problems with my sky plus HD box from new,my last contact with sky was just before Christmas and then due to continued problems this afternoon,it is obvious to me that the persistant problems lye within the box as sky continually send down new software updates which work for a few days then crash yet again,your advisor that I spoke to before Christmas said if this did not resolve the issue he would send an engineer out to fix it,this afternoon when i made contact I was put in touch with an individual who told me I would have to pay for this service.

Why should I have to pay for an engineer to fix an obvious fault with skys box to enable me to see record and see programs when I already pay to be able to do this.

Perhaps Sky can advise me if I would do better to cancel my subscription and purchase a freesat box as at least I would not have to pay for a service that continually gets interrupted

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Getting There
Jim+Holmes

Lost satellite signal to all channels

I'm New Here
Bobby-S

Well Its nearly February and I still cant get a reception on any channel with a 4 in its name, Cahnnel 4, 4+1, film 4, nothing but a 'No signal is being recieved' or a blocky reception that keeps cutting out and then the message.  Ive tried the reboot stuff, check the filter with a new one and tried ringing with no answer... so what next sky? do I go else where with my 54 quid?...Oh, and there's no snow now is there?

Getting There
dn32skyuser

hi you are not the only one i am in grimsby and my sky+HD boxhas been playing up for weeks now. the same as you my channels are not working and a message sayin 'no signal' comes up, programes are not recording properly or at all and the sound keeps going. I have checked the sky dish, connections and all are ok, but other people down my street who have sky+HD or just sky+ are not having any problems and all the sky dish's are facing the same dircrection aswell.

Staff
Robert

Hi Guys, 

If you've tried all the troubleshooting steps for No Satellite Signal on the Sky Help Centre then a service call is required. Please use the Contact Us page to contact a member of the Customer Help Team to discuss arranging this.

Getting There
cryjen09

I have been having problems with my signal for a few weeks now, Iv called sky an spoken to 2 different people about this now but they keep telling me the same thing its a weather problem but before christmas we had a lot of snow an that didnt bother the signal then so why should it now. They have said my box is fine but if i want an engineer to come out to have a look at my dish it is going to cost me £60 for the pleasure as my warranty has run out i can understand that if it was my box that was at fault as that is inside but when its the dish why should i have to pay... I may as well get it turned off as im not getting the channels i am paying for.. Not Happy....

Staff
LauraMac

Hi Cryjen09

It's possible that your dish may have been moved out of alignment due to the weather, although it is worth trying the troubleshooting here.   If your equipment is over 12 months old (which includes the dish) there would be a £65.00 service call charge.

I'm New Here
Julie+Kelly

No you are not the only one. We are having some problems with our signal and are constantly turning the sky off at the mains.  Recordings are interrupted or failed when we go back to watch them. We cannot use the tv guide either as it wont give us future listings or give us any info on programmes that are on or coming on.  Very frustrated!!!

Getting There
cooy61

having the same problems weather is great no wind no rain but signal is breaking up, could not record a programme last night really fed up with this is there anything that can be done

I'm New Here
SHCooperlager

Snow again and no satellite signal, I find this the major drawback of Skytv, my friends on cable don't have the same problem. Surely Skytv with their technology can find some way of getting a signal with bad weather.  Sky is not the cheapest service I pay for

El Capo
Kenneth+M

There is no problem getting a signal to a well-positioned dish, correctly aligned and securely mounted  ( same with the LNB ).  Only in the most exceptional of bad weather ( or atmospherics ) is the signal disrupted, then only temporarily.  If problems persist even after the bad weather, the usual cause is the dish or LNB having shifted on the mount.  Occasionally water ingress is the culprit - due mostly to bad weatherproofing in the first place, or wear-and-tear after years of battering by rain, snow and frost.. 

Where I am, winter weather can be severe, but my installation is as good today as it was 8 years ago when it was first installed.

You need someone to come out and get yours looked at.

I'm New Here
Twitch

I have had no satellite signal on certain channels since about the same time as you. I emailed sky complaints after being fobbed off by technical support, explaining the situation and the fact that they are receiving £800 plus per year from me only to be told to go and buy another product! I am absolutely disgusted in their service and now I am about to ring to cancel my subscription. I have been with sky for 14 years and this is how they treat paying customers! I cant view most of the channels so what am I paying for?

Getting There
MandC

We're the same. Feel like moving to Virgin now as Sky are clearly taking the biscuit by taking our money for a poor half hearted service.

Charging us £65 for a service engineer to come out and take a look is ridiculous. God knows we pay too much for the channels anyway.

Seems a bit odd that this is happening to a lot of people.

Sorry sky but you are a rip off. The fact we pay a monthly subscription for all your channels plus HD you should service the dish and box annually anyway. (all included in the original price) That is good customer service!!!

Twitch wrote:

I have had no satellite signal on certain channels since about the same time as you. I emailed sky complaints after being fobbed off by technical support, explaining the situation and the fact that they are receiving £800 plus per year from me only to be told to go and buy another product! I am absolutely disgusted in their service and now I am about to ring to cancel my subscription. I have been with sky for 14 years and this is how they treat paying customers! I cant view most of the channels so what am I paying for?

I'm New Here
lindylou50

i have been having problems for months can't always get channel5 and true movies, also it breaks up if i try to record, they did give me a new box and it isnt any better just dread making the same old phone call to be treated like an idiot ,telling you each time the same instructions that dont work.