Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
ridethepipeline
Accepted Solution

No Satellite signal being received - Error 29

Hi guys

Any help on this is massively appreciated as this has to be the most annoying thing in the world:

Sky HD was working perfectly yesterday and now says "no Satellite signal is being received" with the error message 29.

If I go into tv guide it says "searching for listings" and never actually finds any, nor does my planner work.

I am on a communal system in a flat with dual feeds.

I have tried turning the system on and off, reseting at the mains and trying an LNB reset with the sky customers services on the phone.... still nothing, and keep receiving the same message.

From memory I think the signal was at 0%.

Is this a Sky HD box issue ie do i need to pay £65 for sky to come out and fix it or is it an issue with the communal dish?

I can see other peoples tvs working in other flats so assume its not a communal issue.

Communal dish is run by a third party management company.

Thanks for all your help.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Senior Member (Platinum)
Kenneth+M

Re: No Satellite signal being received - Error 29

What is your Signal Strength on both inputs?  What make of digibox do you have?

Did you move the digibox before all of this happened?  If so, the Dish Inputs may not be properly connected.  Is anybody working where the distribution system is?  Not unknown for little accidents to happen.  You say that other people's tv's are OK, is their Sky OK for sure, or have you just seen tv sets with a picture?  Have you actually asked around?  Have you checked with the managing agent for complaints about this?

You say you have two feeds, so I assume both have been working OK till now ( ie, you've been able to record one channel and watch another at the same time.)  Check in the Service Menu and make sure Single Feed Mode has not been selected.  On the Sky remote, press Services, 0, 0, 1, then press Select.  Then, in Setup, make sure that Single Feed Mode is OFF.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
winging8

. I have exactly the same problem on my box did you get a resolve? i am not on a communal system. Whats more an engineer cannot come out for a week even though this is on warranty. can you advuse whether you received a solution or whether its still ongoing? Thanks

Community Coordinator
michael-r

Hi winging8,

Because a service call has been booked I'd assume that you have been through the troubleshooting. It means that there wouldn't be much more that can be done other than having an engineer repair or replace the hardware or part of the setup. It might be worthwhile going through the troubleshooting steps again, found here.

Michael
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Occasional Visitor
Upset+at+Tiptree

My problem is that there is no satelite signal and I can't find a telephone number to call for one to one talk to solve the problem.
Where can I find a telephone number for technical queries?

Community Coordinator
michael-r

[ Edited ]

Hi Upset+at+Tiptree,

You can go through the contact us section of the help centre, found here.

Select your product and query and this will direct you to the best person to speak to.

Michael
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
weegoody

im having the same problem now and i have done the reset and checked the cables are in properly and the same message is still coming up and i dont know what to do

Community Coordinator
michael-r

Hi weegoody,

Have you gone through the troubleshooting in the link posted above?

Could you also confirm which type of box you have and how long you've had this for?

Michael
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
Andrewb83

I have this problem but only with channel 4 HD. All other channels are fine and the signal is fine too. When I go on to channel 4 HD it says no signal. Extremely frustrating ! I have already tried all the reset things before you ask.

Senior Member (Platinum)
Kenneth+M

[ Edited ]

Channel 4HD changed frequency and moved to Eurobird 1 this afternoon ( I think ).  Reboot the box at the mains.

Occasional Visitor
michael+ma

hi mate

My sky tv doesn't work and show the some error information as well.

i check the system test and found find there's nothing showing in signal strength and quality. i chaeck the system test, the system siad telephine line not connected. Several weeks ago, i change my line land no. so i think this is the reason why the sky tv does not work.

how can i solve the problem.

thanks

Senior Member (Platinum)
Kenneth+M

The phone line connection has no bearing on your problem.  Yours is a dish, LNB, or cable problem.  If some or all of that is oldish, I'd get someone out to closely inspect it all.  Part, or all, or your setup may need replacing.  If you tell us which Sky box you have - standard Sky, Sky+, or Sky+HD, we can point you to the relevant 'No Satellite Signal' help page.

Occasional Visitor
attaboy

Hi Guys and all others with No Satellite Signal - error 29, by experience is approximately 90% unresolvable. This and Error 36, have never been able to resolve this error.

Occasional Visitor
Minimeepmeep

Hi I phoned the help centre and they managed to fix this problem for me. I have two input signals cables and she told me to check the copper wire inside was straight and she also told me to swap them over. This worked straight away.

Cheers

Occasional Visitor
maria+rzepka

i dont receving any satellite signal so i cant watch the tv