Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
jag215

Re: No Outgoing calls / Incoming calls

I have sky talk connection since 2009. From last two days my phone is not working. I am not able to make any outgoing calls and if I call from my mobile it is directly going to voice mail and saying that the person you are calling is busy. From last two days I am not able to make or receive any calls. I tried all the trouble shooting steps mentioned in the web site, but still it is not working. I called customer support from another phone, even after holding for 20 minutes also nobody attended my call it is really irritating and waste of my money. I have given complaint by e mail also, but till now no response.

I hope after reading this some body from customer support will responde.

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Frequent Visitor
chrisw88

Well thought I'd post a quick update, yesterday morning at about 7am I had a call from a BT engineer who said he would be around to look at the line at 8am, once he came in he plugged into the telephone line and straight away found the fault, it appears that the phone line was never connected at the exchange point.

So he popped out and was back in about 10mins he then did another line test and everything was now working fine :smileyhappy: so finally I can get back online and use my house phone with no problems.

Funny thing about this though is that Sky where meant to contact me with a date and time that the BT engineer was going to be coming round, which never happened this was quite annoying as I leave the house to goto work at 7:10am so I was quite lucky that the BT engineer called me at 7am so I knew to wait in for him, otherwise I would have missed him (misses started work at 6am) and would have had to probably wait for another couple of days for him to come back out.

I still feel for anyone else who comes across these problems, 3 weeks is a long time to wait to have a fault fixed, when I was with BT in the old house faults where usually fixed within 24hours. I only went with sky this time to keep my monthly outgoings in one neat bill.

So basically after 3 weeks the fault was finally solved and I'm now happy and I understand that not everything can run smoothly all the time every time so no hard feelings Sky :smileyhappy:

Also thanks to the forum support team for keeping in touch with me throughout this, much better customer service than the one offered on the phone, also thanks for understanding my frustration and helping me as much as you did :smileyvery-happy:

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Dinnen

Just wanted to post an update that, after waiting in til 1.30pm on Tuesday, I found out (after 20 mins on hold) that an engineer appointment had not been made and that, although the problem had been identified on Friday, nothing had been done to fix it and I had falsely been told an engineer would be attending the property. Thankfully the fault has been fixed after 2 weeks but not before I've spent £10 on mobile phone calls, paid for 2 weeks landline without being able to use the phone and wasted a full days annual leave. I'm currently awaiting a response to my compensation request. If any further problems are experienced I will be cancelling my whole Sky package. The incompetence of Sky and BT has been beyond belief.

Visitor
joejoe1

[ Edited ]

hi there having problems with my fone! cannot make outging calls or recive calls! tryed taking the sky steps. and changed fone! have a diall tone. when dial number it just goes quiet or when some one fones me it rings then you hear nobody on end! if you need to contact me.  thanks kelly. 

Community Coordinator
Robert

Hi joejoe1, 

We appreciate you are experiencing issues with your line and this can be frustrating. Please in the first instance follow the troubleshooting steps outlined on the forum. If this fails to resolve your issue please use the Contact Us page to report this to our Customer Help team for further investigation.

Please do not post personal details on the forum as all information posted is public and can be viewed by anyone, this opens you up to a variety of risks.

Thanks.

Robert
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Visitor
Trace1107

I know how you feel I had no incoming/outgoing calls for April, Most of May & now going into June - I cant phone sky as last time I used my mobile & it cost me a fortune

I have tried a different phone & I have tried the 'test line' nothing!

its worrying when your kids are trying to phone home & there is no answer cos we have no ringing in the house

VERY VERY FED UP

have emailed sky (again) but its upto 10 days to reply.... loks like I will go into July with no phone

Visitor
joejoe1

can any one at sky contact me! as costs a fortune 2 phone yous! thanks kelly.

Community Coordinator
Robert

Hi joejoe1, 

As mentioned above, if you have tried the troubleshooting steps for this, please use the Contact Us page to report the fault to our Customer Help team for further investigation.

I'm afraid we cannot raise this for you or honour any request to call you regarding this.

Robert
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
GeraldineDowney

[ Edited ]

No outgoing calls can be made from the home telephone.

How do I fix this problem?

I have been on the phone to an operator last night but I am still no further forward, can you please contact me on ########## (removed)

Regards,

Geraldine Downey

Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

Hi GeraldineDowney, what happens when you try to make an outgoing call? I would recommend removing your phone number as posting it in public may lead to unwanted calls.

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
mattbrown

hello we have sky phone and broadband. the internet is working the phone is not every time i try to ring out its just say the number you dialled is not reconized and a person who tries to ring my land line gets the same thing we are upto date on payments so i dont understand what is wrong and i cant ring because i have no way...please help thanks

Occasional Visitor
papaj

Re: No Outgoing calls

hello I've contact sky and tell them about the problem I'm having with my line but there is no reply. I would like to know why i'm not able to do outgoing calls. As i have a sick whife in hospital and its really frostreting for me at the moment can you please reply ASAP many thanks.

Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

mattbrown wrote:

hello we have sky phone and broadband. the internet is working the phone is not every time i try to ring out its just say the number you dialled is not reconized and a person who tries to ring my land line gets the same thing we are upto date on payments so i dont understand what is wrong and i cant ring because i have no way...please help thanks

Hi mattbrown, sorry for the delayed response. Did you get this resolved? 

If not you can find some troubleshooting help here.

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator

Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

Re: No Outgoing calls

Hi papaj, will it let you call 150?

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
PAT19

HI, RANG SKY ON SUNDAY TO TELL THEM PHONE NOT WORKING FOUND IT WAS AT THE EXGANGE SAID IT WOULD BE DONE IN 36 HOURS STIIL NO PHONE, JUST RANG THEM SAID HOLD THE LINE PUT YOU THROUGH TO SOME-ELSE AFTER HOLDING ON FOR 20 MINS PUT THE PHONE DOWN ,THEY ME  RANG ME  AND SAID NEED TO HOLD ON TO BE PUT THROUGH, SORRY NOT GOT THE TIME OR PATIENCE TO HOLD  ON 20 MINS MORE  IF DONT GET IT SORTED BY WEEKEND OFF  WE GO TO VIRGIN.  PAT: