Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
jackieanne

Re: No Outgoing Calls

can someone call me as i keep getting welcome to sky every time i call out

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

Hi jackieanne, you should still be able to speak to someone at the contact centre by dialling 150.

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
natalie+dwyer

i am a high phone user and sky have stopped my calls going out twice now on 2 seperate occassions why cant they contact me before they decide when i am not allowed to call out as i have never had a problem with paying the bill, itreally isnt a good service when you go to use your phone and they have turned it off not because you hav'nt paid the bill  but because you are a high phone user very frustrating would bt treat valuable customers like this 

Staff (Retired)
Samantha-K

[ Edited ]

natalie+dwyer,

Firstly, welcome to the forum, thank you for coming to us for advice.:smileyhappy:

I can totally understand how frustrating this would be. My phone is always on me- it's like an extra limb, so I can completely understand what you mean.

Unfortunately this is a security feature, to make sure that your phone is not being used by another person- so as you are not left with all these charges that you don't know where they have come from.

Yol gets clu can set up an email alert for when your phone bill is close to reaching the security limit here. It is titled "Call Charge Alerts" and you will find it underneath the telephone section of your bill.

Thanks

Occasional Visitor
IS+CLOSED.....

I HAVE NO OUT GOING CALL FOR A WEEK YOUR TELLY MESSAGE SAYS WELCOME TO SKY WE ARE NOW CLOSED

MrMaanz

hi i have the same poblem ,saying line closed:smileysad:

Staff (Retired)
kirsty+d

Hi IS+CLOSED...

Welcome to the forum and thank you for bring this issue to our attention.

What you are describing usually happens if there is some form of restriction or block placed on the line.

Can you confirm if you have had any notification of this? If you log on to My Sky what does it say about your status there?

Many thanks,

Staff (Retired)
kirsty+d

Hi MrMaanz,

I have replied to you in the other thread.

Many thanks,

Occasional Visitor
T+Goggins

When I try to make a call out I get the dial tone but when I ring the number the line is dead. 

Staff (Retired)
hadouken-andy

Hi T+Goggins,

We are currently aware of issues affecting our SkyTalk services.

More info can be found here http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Talk-Technical/Sky-Talk-Service-Outage/td-p/273307

Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

Occasional Visitor
TADPOLE49

SNAP -

THIS NUMBER IS CLOSED,    again and again. I am being prevented from telephoning anybody

Occasional Visitor
TADPOLE49

message says

'I,m sorry.  This number is now closed.

In fact my last payment will be on 27JAN and I shall leave.  I cannot have this disruption to services. Heaven knows my usage is small but the timing of this disruption is awful. I need to contact all the children who took 11+ this morning. CAN'T!!! 

Community Coordinator
Kris+McD

Hi TADPOLE49

Thanks for taking the time to join the Forum. 

Can you tell me if you have tried all the troubleshooting steps from the Sky Help Forum?

If not could you please try all the steps to see if you are able to resolve this issue on your own. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Cheers 

Kris+McD
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
annieloulou

i was late at paying my bil by a week and a half i then payed the bil telly and broadband went to normal but my sky talk wont let me call out but people can call me why is this

Staff (Retired)
batweb79

Hi annieloulou,

Since this is your first post let me start by welcoming you to the forum.

When you call out do you get a restriction message/transferred straight to Sky?

Best thing to do in this instance is speak to the SkyTalk Team and they can investigate further. 

Barry
Community Coordinator