Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Community Coordinator
michael-r

Re: No Outgoing Calls

Hi massey79,

I can understand why it would be frustrating not having the line work correctly.

If there is an issue found to be internal the cost of a BT Openreach engineer has to be covered by the customer. If the fault is to be found outwith the home, as an external issue, any fault and costs included are normally covered by Sky.

Have you been informed that there is a fault internally at all?

Michael
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Visitor
massey79

I can understand if the line had been used for a while and then an internal fault develops that this would be my cost. But as part of my new sky package this line was setup and has never worked so how can it be my cost..... If i buy a tv and take it home and it never works its not my cost to fix it !!!

I have not been informed if the fault is internal or not. The unhelpful sky person i spoke to just asked me to test on the inside of the socket in the test socket which worked fine both ways. This socket was fitted by the engineer who did my install prep for sky.....

I assume if the test socket works then it is internal, but how can i be expected to fix a socket that has never worked and was fitted as part of my install...... ??? Why would this also affect the internal extension ?? BT wont work on it because i am a Sky customer so how do i even start to get this fixed. BT offered if i switch to them and BT vision then they would fix it and to be honest i may well do that. I pay £100 a month for Sky and am still without a working phone line that i have paid for over 3 months of usage !!!!

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
michael-r

Hi massey79,

Due to the on going issue and the circumstances, we have sent you a private message for more information.

Michael
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
B+Arogundade

Dear Sky,
Please i want u to reinstate back my unlimited Sky talk which BT took away from u at my back without my knowledge. I started with u from the beginning - broadband, Sky talk and tv packages. The cunning BT later went through my back and took my Sky talk away from u without me knowing simply because they wanted my calls to stay with them so that they could rip me off, plus they don't have free 20 European, USA and Canada calls at anytime. If i should call any of these international calls with BT which is free with u. BT would make lots amount of of money from me and rips me off. So, i am therefore asking u to put back my unlimited Sky talk without the Sky line rental with u.
When i called ur call centre they said they could not put back the Sky calls unless i had line rental with Sky. It is impossible for me to have line rental with Sky because there is an already line rental with BT which cannot be changed because the BT line rental belongs to my landlord, and it is impossible to have 2 line rentals. Please, i want u to put back my 3 original packages as it was in the beginning when i started with u. There is no problem at all in taking back all the calls from BT and leave BT with the usual line rental.
I shall look forward to ur reply soon for this urgent email. Many thanks and i am waiting.
Regards,
Bolaji Arogundade.
Retired Staff Member
GRF4784

Hi B+Arogundade,

There are regulations in place which are supposed to prevent company's from doing this.

My suggestion to you would be to contact BT and find out why this has happened and if you fail with BT I would suggest contacting Ofcom.

Let us know how you get on.

Many Thanks,

Regular Visitor
AMORPHUS

Good Morning,

For some unknown reason, I am getting an automated message when trying to make calls through Sky Talk, It says, 'Hi and thanks for calling Sky, this number is now closed.'? I have made no request to close the line, I can still call BT (who I have the line rental through) and they have checked that there is no fault so the problem is with yourselves. My bills are up to date, but I notice that when I check my package on the tab on the website, there is no Sky Talk element listed, however the call information is still in the breakdown of the bill?

The most comical part of this is, after the initail recorded message, there is another one saying if there are any problems to redail an 0844 number which I can't as this is my only line!! 

Would be great if someone could actually contact me as I raised this 3 days ago, through your complaints procedure and even though you claim to respond within 48hrs no-one has contacted me.

This after months of trying to sort out problems with your direct debit billing, mean that I am proabably going to move the whole package, as I am out of contract now and fed up with the lack-lustre service.

Community Coordinator
LauraMac

Hi AMORPHUS, 

I am sorry you have not had a response through our E mail service unfortunately there can be a delay in replying, in order to have this looked into quickly the best way to do this is by calling us which you should be able to do by dialling 150 from your home phone. 

LauraMac
Community Coordinator

Regular Visitor
AMORPHUS

It would be nice if you guys actually read what is sent to you. I have my line provided by BT, calling 150 puts me through to them. Quite frankly this is typical of the half assed service I get from you guys. Any more bright ideas?

Retired Staff Member
batweb79

[ Edited ]

Hi AMORPHUS,

Sorry about the mix up over your last reply I have read your original post and from the information you have provided it sounds to me like your SkyTalk service has been stopped. The reason I say this is you stated that when you check MySky there is no phone service showing and you also mentioned a mix up with the billing. If the bill was unpaid for a period of time whilst the billing was sorted out a cease would be placed on the service.

To reactivate the service please call the Skytalk Team and one of our advisors will be able to sort this out. In the mean time to be able to make outbound calls please dial 1280 and this should allow the call to connect and you will be billed by your line rental provider for these calls. Dial the prefix and then straight into the number for example if you were calling Sky you would dail 128008442.....

Barry
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
claire1234

hi have been trying to phone out and its not happening whats up with the outgoing calls i have sent an email to sky and they have not got back to me i am not happy

Community Coordinator
Shelz

Hi claire1234,

I sincerely apologise that you have not had a response to your email as yet however our email replies are taking about 7-10 days with the volume of cases that we are working on at the moment. 

We do have troubleshooting that you can try to see if this rectifies the problem you are having with making outgoing calls. Are you able to receive incoming calls alright?

Please let me know if this works for you.

Many thanks,

Shelz
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
Hacked+Off+-+1

Hello

Despite having emailed Sky twice and hearing the sound of silence for over 100hours I have not given up.

I cant make any out going calls with Sky Talk without them being redirected to an old defunct Sky number where I hear the following annoying message:

"Thanks for calling Sky. I'm sorry but this number is now closed. If you still require further information then please call us on 08442 41 41 41."

I wish I could call but as you have probably realised from the above they are all redirected.

Help please.

Community Coordinator
Robert

Hi Hacked+Off+-1, 

Welcome to the Sky Help Forum, can you tell us if you are able to connect by dialling 150 or 151 from your Sky Talk line which should automatically connect you to our contact centre?

Thanks,

Robert
Community Coordinator

Visitor
sukki+43

how come i have tv/broadband /i hav incoming calls but no outgoing calls

Community Coordinator
lainys

Good Afternoon sukki+43

Firstly welcome to the Sky Forum, I was sorry to read you are having problems with making out going phone calls.

Can I ask if you have done any trouble shooting? If not can you click on this link.

If you are still unable to make out going calls after carrying out the trouble shooting steps, could you please use the contact us link so we can look into and resolve the matter.

Regards

Lainys
Community Coordinator