Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
2paw

New wireless box from Sky

Hi, I've just received my wireless box and it doesn't want to connect wirelessly with my BT broadband.

The wireless box & broadband hub are switched on and I've tried two different ethernet cables between the new wireless box & my Sky HD box, but still nothing.

I've followed all the instuctions on the help pages on the website and still can't get it to work.

Any suggestions?

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
caesarome

Re: New wireless box from Sky

Give this a try:

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband-Setup-Connection-WiFi/wireless-connector-will-not-connect-to-B...

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
2paw

Hi, thanks for the swift reply. I've just changed the BT hub password to lower case - no change. I've also changed the WPA key - no change.

When I use an Ethernet cable to two computers both sockets light up orange & green. When I connect the wireless box & my Sky box with the same Ethernet cable on the wireless box I get orange & green for a short period then nothing. There don't appear to be any lights on the Ethernet socket on my Sky box - is that normal? Is that the reason I can't connect - ie the Ethernet socket on my Sky box isn't working?

Super User
caesarome

One other possible fix:

Go to this page:

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9011/~/how-do-i-change-the-dhcp-settings-of-the-bt-ho...

Follow the directions for version of the homehub you have. (There are options for other BT Home Hub models)

Under "Home Network" chose "Devices" and located "skywirelessconnector" in the family tree of devices displayed. Double click on it and it opens a page of details for the sky connector.

The IP address appears as:  192.168.1.92

Below this is an option: "Always use this IP Address".  Click "Yes" and then apply.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
2paw

Hi, thanks for the suggestion and I've completed the changes that it has made no difference. If I sit next to the Sky wireless box with my laptop computer I can see both my neighbours broadband connections on my computer. Even if the Sky wireless box couldn't see my BT broadband connection it still should see both my neighbours shouldn't it - Virgin & Belkin are within range with strong signals as well as my BT connection?

I feel sure it's something to do with the Ethernet socket on the Sky box as it doesn't light up at all.

Community Coordinator
chelsea12

Hi 2paw,

Sorry to see that the troubleshooting has not sorted this for you.

Can you connect with the Ethernet cable, once this is done can you go to services, settings and network and let us know if it shows as connected or not, try when using the wireless connector also to see what it says?

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers,

Jane
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
2paw

Hi Jane,

In the Network section it says:

Fail

Fail

On

Any ideas?

Community Coordinator
chelsea12

Hi 2paw.

Very strange, I would try the troubleshooting recommended by Caesarome again as this has helps others in your situation.

Give it another try and see what happens.

Cheers,

Jane
Community Coordinator

2paw

Hi Jane,

I've redone the steps in the troubleshooting recommended by Caesarme but still the wireless box doesn't pick up any broadband signals (mine or my neighbours taht I can see on my laptop).

Any ideas or should I retrurn the box for a refund?

Thanks.

Community Coordinator
Andy-F21

Thanks for giving those steps another go 2paw, I think I can help get this working for you :smileyhappy:

Have a look at the steps detailed in our 'On Demand service connection problems with some routers' article as this may help get you up and running. The reason we suggest these steps is that, in some cases, default settings on equipment from an alternate supplier don't work as well with On Demand.

Give those steps a go and let me know if they make any difference at all. If they don't, I'll assist further until we get a resolution to this for you.

Thanks,

Andy
Community Coordinator